Glitch in pet/user lookups

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Mistress Morbid

Glitch in pet/user lookups

Post by Mistress Morbid »

So today there seems to be a glitch when you try to update things such as a pet's lookup or your user lookup. Apparently anything with a link or an image will not go through.

I'm assuming it's just a glitch perhaps, but then I started to wonder if TNT might be planning something to stop cookiegrabbers and malicious coding. I have to admit I'd be sad to see pet and user lookup graphic customization disappear entirely. >.>
Image Image
Rainbow Daydreamer

Re: Glitch in pet/user lookups

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

It's been happening all weekend. Apparently TNT are working on it, though this isn't enough for the usual complainers on the boards, who want it fixed yesterday with a formal apology.

Gwen from the HC, of all people, found out that onsite links will go through if formatted like this:
<a href="/~jachinthe">

With just the end of the address. I'm not sure if that's consistent for everyone.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Hmm... that's not an entirely bad idea. Obviously not going to work for images, but since there's no reason to link offsite and there's no reason to link to any subdomain of Neopets, there's not really any reason that links should ever need to be hardcoded. Or not one that comes quickly to mind.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Filters are coming back up! According to the HC, while several tags still don't work, images and links have been re-enabled. If the rest gets fixed tonight, I'll edit this post.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Don't edit the post! The peons who watch this thread but don't post for fear of being redundant won't be able to see the update :)
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Sunnyneo updated their profiles with new set of style brackets that work which I cheerfully snagged to make my pet look up and petpet look ups filter friendly.

Upper one:
<style>
//
*{}
Bottom one (just like the regular bottom one):
</style>
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta