Maraquan & Shadow Poogle

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Pyrostatic

Maraquan & Shadow Poogle

Post by Pyrostatic »

Image Image
Credit to neocolours.de for finding these two.

The first Maraquan we've had since the revamp. This Maraquan Poogle is kind of...weird to me. Is it supposed to be based off a hammerhead (looking at the way it's head is shaped)? Whatever it is, I don't like how there's no neck. Just a head pasted onto a body. The colouring isn't so bad, I take it back, they chose the ugliest colours for a Maraquan. I think a more natural look would have been impressive. The lineart seems too thick to me, though...At least it does when you look at the profile version: Image

Shadow is Shadow. A typical colourfill. =/
Last edited by Pyrostatic on 19 Sep 2009 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mistress Morbid

Re: Maraquan & Shadow Poogle

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Erm....Maraquan is intersting. I really don't like the thick lines, and the idea seems really bizarre for a Poogle. o_O The perspective is throwing me off too. Bleh, not a fan.

I really love Shadow though, it looks good on the Poogle. :)
Image Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

The Poogle wouldve looked good as a dolphin..looking thing..

Itd of been nice if they had changed the face..it looks creepy.

The colours are nice.
Image Image
ImageImage
Fury

Post by Fury »

Funnily enough, I just found this myself and posted it in another topic, LOL.
Maraquan looks... bizarre to say the least. Why have they tried to morph a dog-type pet into a Hammerhead shark? Why? WHY?!
I'm being sarcastically dramatic but it really does look odd as hell. It makes no sense and in fact, each time I scroll back up to look at it, I find it more and more laughable.

All in all, I pronounce this Poogle Lame. But Shadow is okay.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Lazy gits. Maraquan would have looked at least decent if only they didn't decide it would be too much effort to redraw 4 facial poogle expressions. If both head and the body were half profile it would have worked. Not sure why the back fins are visible at this angle - they look like silly tiny feet.

Also apparently it was too much effort to change the shade of eyes for both. That colour picker tool - so difficult to use.
I wanted this colour for poogle so much precustomization. Bah.

It looks a bit better with the angry expression:
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I feel sorry for any folks really wanting a Maraquan Poogle (or any Mara pet) to be released- I don't imagine this is anything like what people wanted.

I didn't put this in the news post (it didn't seem exactly appropriate) but the things sticking out from its chest- what are they? My first thought was of nipple tassels...

I really hope that they do something about the eye colour before the pets get released, too- that green is horrible.
Neopets wishlists: here
Mistress Morbid

The little things hanging down are supposed to be the tiny back fins, but like someone said earlier it doesn't make sense for them to be showing at that angle.

It's also freaky thinking about what this would like like from a profile. It would have eyes on the end of the stalks, and then this random cutesy face on the front. o_O

EDIT: Swim awaaaayyy!!!
Last edited by Mistress Morbid on 18 Sep 2009 09:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I actually like the Maraquan Poogle. Being someone whose Maraquan pet was beaten with a dead horse during (auto) conversion. It's a pet I wouldn't have any problem owning, and one of the best Poogles.

I can't get over the fact Shadow looks FLAT, so I won't bother with that one. But, most of the converted Poogles look flat.
MeZergy

Post by MeZergy »

The Maraquan poogle is HIDEOUS as the perspective is throwing me off too!! (Also, a mammal tail for something with a hammerhead... head...?)

It would look fine without that... stupid hammerhead-head...

Mistress Morbid

Ugh! I totally didn't notice that they had the shark tail on the wrong way. x_X Now it bothers me even more!
Image Image
Noble fauf

Post by Noble fauf »

Eyes in the wrong spot a weird perspective, and a whale's tail. There's been a lot of bland post-custom colours but not many this bizarre =x
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Considering what they've done with the post-customization mutants, I don't know why they tried to keep the maraquan poogle in the same pose. It can't wear clothes anyway. I see what they were trying to do (though it took me a moment to figure it out), but I don't think it's working here at all. The ears look like Birdo mouths, and the whole thing just looks fat and stupid.

Shadow's fairly boring like normal, but, hey, it's a fairly decent boring pet.
Rah

Post by Rah »

Maraquan looks like its smuggling diamonds xD

I feel like a manatee or baluga whale would have been better. Or a clam. Or anything that wasn't a hammerhead. At least they tried? D:
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

EPIC FAIL TNT you know you can do way way better than this !! this pet looks like a bloated mutant onion how is this even a hammerhead shark! i can tell someone slept through bio class for the day they learned about sharks. also the body looks like an squished accordion too. still shadow is better but not by much at all ,poor poogles TNT hit them hard with the bad drawing stick this time.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Shadow is nice enough.

I have to echo (almost) everyone's sentiments about Maraquan. WTF? Those back flippers being visible is the worst. It looks like it has teets.