Maraquan & Shadow Poogle

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
pittyprettypup

Re: Maraquan & Shadow Poogle

Post by pittyprettypup »

I apologize for being so crass, but the Maraquan Poogle looks like a bloody crap. Blood red and light brown are a terrible combination.
@ Neo: pittyprettypup
@ Powerpets: -Kitt-
@ Subeta: Kinsa
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Yeah, a better colour scheme could have improved this travesty a little bit. Not much though. And those eyes just clash so badly. >< The weird diamond shaped thing in the middle of its head bothers me too, I don't really get what it's supposed to be.

So we've got a four-eyed, badly coloured, reverse-tailed hammerhead shark poogle with boobs. Lovely.
Image Image
pittyprettypup

Post by pittyprettypup »

Mistress Morbid wrote:So we've got a four-eyed, badly coloured, reverse-tailed hammerhead shark poogle with boobs. Lovely.
LOL, yeah, a shark with titty tassels is definitely something everyone is going to be dishing out 10 million for. I really wish TNT would think of the users who have been waiting for years for a certain pet before they decide to release half-assed, ugly pets like this. Did they really think anyone was going to like this?
EofS

Post by EofS »

Well I like it. I think the hammerhead idea is clever and makes sense for the poogle, given its ear shape. I don't think the execution's perfect, there are definitely flaws, but it's not out and out awful. The pelvic fins are definitely odd though. I like the colour scheme.

Shadow's fine - it's poogle shaped, which is a pleasing shape, and it's shadow coloured, which is a pleasing colour scheme. It's nothing more than it was always going to be, nor anything less.
pittyprettypup wrote:I apologize for being so crass, but the Maraquan Poogle looks like a bloody crap.
If you actually mean that, you should probably see a doctor about it ;0)
pittyprettypup

Post by pittyprettypup »

EofS wrote:
pittyprettypup wrote:I apologize for being so crass, but the Maraquan Poogle looks like a bloody crap.
If you actually mean that, you should probably see a doctor about it ;0)
Lol, I was talking about the colours and what I think they resemble when put together. :P I don't actually have bloody craps.
Noble fauf

Post by Noble fauf »

Oi, with all of this talk on the odd shark-y poogle I just noticed that poogles don't seem to have gotten any news clothes for poogle day. The poor poogles must have gotten superseded by the faerie festival!
Mimzi

Post by Mimzi »

I actually quite like the Maraquan. D: I think it's cute.

Shadow is nice too. Although I don't think the eyes should have been green. Maybe blue.
varii

Post by varii »

Lol. The Maraquan Poogle is hilarious. The combination of the whale tail and hammer head make it look so flat! And then the face is just copied and pastted without any actual effort to make it fit into the head. Maraquan pets will never be able to wear clothes, why try and make it poogle-like? Bad concept, bad execution. When I was scrolling through the news I thought it was a new fun image, that is how bad the art is.
rei @ neopets
Nameshifter

Post by Nameshifter »

I don't know why, but I like the Maraquan. Not enough to be "omgmusthave!!11" but I might keep one if I got it from the Lab Ray. The face looks really REALLY odd though.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Ahahaha.. the Shadow Poogle is nice, but the Maraquan Poogle.. really? XD It's ridiculously ugly, and there's not much more I can say XD;.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
french

Post by french »

Mistress Morbid wrote:So we've got a four-eyed, badly coloured, reverse-tailed hammerhead shark poogle with boobs. Lovely.

This made me crack up IRL.

I so want a mara poogle.
They're so ugly it's funny. And I'd call him "Stranger_With_Candy" - this pet is the best release ever.

Drawing him would be hilarious.

Nice reverse tail.
And the hanging red nipples... win.

ILY TNT. You make me lol without even trying.
lar

Post by lar »

*just groans at maraquan and walks away*
Oops, my karma ran over your dogma.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

When I first saw the Maraquan, I was expecting the old angry image with those scary teeth. Had this been made precustomization, I think the gross errors would not have been made, and the angry shark-dog poogle would have been a thing of nightmares.
Noble fauf

Post by Noble fauf »

Poogles just got their (late) poogle day clothing today!
ImageImage
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Oh my god I have the strongest desire to go make a punk poogle right now...
Image Image