Faerie Hissi

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Iggy

Re: Faerie Hissi

Post by Iggy »

I...like it better than the old one. I didn't like the style the old was was drawn in (Ditto with the Grey Draik) and am very glad.

I'd gladly target zap for that. I can see why they didn't remove the arms, though. I'm bothered by it, but I'm not sure I'd have liked it if they were removed as well.

Oh, and ditto to the two users that have said what's on my mind. I'm a Neopets veteran as well, and the changes only made me focus on things I like more. I'm more into Neopets now, than I was two year ago.

It's an opinion. Not a fact.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

The redundant two wings thing does not please me.

Otherwise I approve. I like the colors (much better than I liked the colors of the old unreleased version) and the wings (real wings, not hand wings) are especially attractive.

I don't think it needs antennae -- I think it would have looked silly with them, in fact. Or random tacked-on fur tufts, or anything else. It's a snake, it doesn't need to be furry or have antennae. If only it didn't have the redundant hand-wings I'd be seriously tempted to get one.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

The 'hands' don't bother me too much because I picture this one having 4 wings instead. They front ones have to be positioned like that for the whole customization thing, but you could easily just think of it as having two pairs of wings which I think would look pretty cool.

Man, I can't stop looking at the colours on this, they're so pretty. Oh, and I don't think that antennae would have been a good addition, but I was thinking more like some sort of feathered crest on the head.
Image Image
Noble fauf

Post by Noble fauf »

I like hissis and a enjoy the purple faerie colour scheme. The only way I would change it (y'know besides the whole customization thing) is to position the feathery wings in a more butterfly fashion ( below the main wings) and perhaps even a third pair on the neck.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I like the color scheme, but yeah the redundant wingery bugs me (even though the Faerie style wings are pretty), and it's a shame to lose the one that could have been.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Eh, it's okay. I miss the old one, though - for ages I thought it was actually released, heh. Hissi are a very meh pet for me, though, so I'm not too bothered either way.

The colours are pretty, though.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
NeonDragonfly

Post by NeonDragonfly »

I like the colours they've chosen, they are very lovely. But why with the wings? The Hissi has wings! I'd like to see it with just one pair, how they used to be! It's not terrible though, I suppose if you were to design one you could remove one set of wings.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

The colors are pretty but the fists just bug me too much on converted hissis. If I zapped one of these I might keep it for a little while but not permanently.

I really didn't like the original, but I am not really a faerie pet person to begin with.
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

I hate the way most pets look post-customization. Period.

However, for a customized pet, I think the faerie Hissi is alright. Its only redeemable quality is the colors, which I think are beautiful. For all the crap the Hissi has gone through, it could've been done a lot worse
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I liked how the Quetzalcoatl reference was a lot more obvious in the old faerie hissi rather than the petpet quetzal. Seeing new compared to old, gives me an appreciation for 1.0 and their level of creativity, and I miss that :(

This new one does nothing for me. It's all the same fill-in color, and it's fugly arms mask how nicely the wings are done.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I like the colours, I love the eyes, they really stand out. But I'm also one of the people that think wings AND hands/arm/wings is a bit too much. I wonder if there is a version without the first set of handwings. I would love to see that.
lar

Post by lar »

Meh. Not too impressed with this one. The colors themselves are pretty, and they work as an analogous scheme, but with the WHOLE pet just those colors, it turns to mush and none of those pretty colors pop at all. It really needs something, at least a yellow or offwhite on the underbelly, to mitigate all that purple and blue.

Also don't understand tacking on another pair of wings? I mean, I always thought their "hands" were wing-like enough, and just the one pair worked well enough on the old design. I never cared for the "feathery" underbelly on the old one, it looked like fur to me. But the feather plume on the head is one of those nice details that's really lacking in the new design, I think.
Oops, my karma ran over your dogma.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Hmm, I wonder what the Faerie Hissi would look like with the Island Hissi's feather crest?
Image Image
pittyprettypup

Post by pittyprettypup »

While I love the colour scheme on this pet, it just seems like it's lacking something. I certainly wouldn't waste a Faerie Paint Brush on it, I feel like it wouldn't be worth it. Maybe I've just been playing too much Subeta lately. Or maybe it's the fact that this pet is lazily drawn and incredibly plain.
@ Neo: pittyprettypup
@ Powerpets: -Kitt-
@ Subeta: Kinsa
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I liked the design of the old one much more, even though I think the new colors are nice. I just can't get over the stupid wings and the lack of anything else to make it worthwhile. And yes, I remember grarkenstompfles. I'll have to remember to use that name somewhere. However, the funny long went out of them for ratings. Though some may claim they never were.