4* New Faerie petpets

Post anything new on Neopets here.
checkers

4* New Faerie petpets

Post by checkers »

ImageImageImageImage
Baby Space Fungus | Pandaphant | Swabby | Sklyde

I like the Baby Space Fungus, but I do not like the copied wings off of the Spyder, they just look stuck on although the colours and pose is nice. It has given the Space Fungus a nice colour, and it is in a different pose than its other ones. I don't think the colours match, they are nice colours but not matching very well, also it's a bit to rainbowy Blue, Light blue, Pink, Purple, Red, Yellow ect; (XD the eyes included)
Ah, they didn't even edit the pose just stuck a Fungus between 'em and lightend them.

Hm, Pandaphant, it's nice but the wings kind of just look like a background, it's good t osee the pandaphant standing, but the wings do not look attatched to it's body, mostly because of the tail being like infront of them, I thought the tail would be behind, but it's dierectly were wings would be placed. @_@ It annoys me badly, the tail looks like..well as if it shouldn't be there the bodies fine, but the wings and tail do not work because it's either see the tail behind the wings or no tail, not tail then wings.

Swabby and Sklyde, they both look like old art, even with this I really like the Swabby the shape of it's wings are nice and it looks very good pose, personally I'd have put the wings on the handle of the mop(swabby), but it still looks alright, Sklyde, I like indeed it's wings reflect it's personality, they don't make the petpet seem all happy and pretty because skeleton dogs aren't, they've made the wings look floppy and depressed. Pink and blue go well together, maybe not them shades but hey, it's good.
Last edited by checkers on 02 Jun 2007 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Where did you find the Sklyde?

I was going to say "I wonder why it wasn't announced in the news" but I'd say the answer is pretty obvious - it's kind of ugly and strange looking ;0)

Pandaphant is cute though, and I like the wings on the Baby Space Fungus and Swabby. Actually, I like that each one has rather different wings.

Edit: Aaah, ok. I must confess I tend to skip over the actual words in the news quite often ;0)
Last edited by EofS on 02 Jun 2007 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
checkers

Post by checkers »

EofS wrote:Where did you find the Sklyde?

I was going to say "I wonder why it wasn't announced in the news" but I'd say the answer is pretty obvious - it's kind of ugly and strange looking ;0)

Pandaphant is cute though, and I like the wings on the Baby Space Fungus and Swabby. Actually, I like that each one has rather different wings.
I got the images from the news, and noticed it said Sklyde but it didn't have the image, so I looked at the URLs of them and they were like this:
images.neopets.com/items/faerie_pandaphant.gif
So I just changed pandaphant to skylde, and it worked supprisingly. xD teehee.
Bif

Post by Bif »

I don't like any of them, you are right about the wings of the fungus being copied and that is just laziness by TNT.

I've always loved the Swabby and was hoping for something a bit brighter like its awesome Maraquan colour rather than this.

All in all I find them all disappointing and wouldn't want any of them. I wish TNT had put more of an effort in, or just kept it to colourfills rather than no effort redraws.
Last edited by Bif on 03 Jun 2007 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Hmm

Post by hebdenhippy »

I don't really like these, the wings just seem like they were picked at random and stuck into the background with no real thought as to positioning or colour
hogsbff

Post by hogsbff »

I don't really like any of them, if I had to choose though it would be the Sklyde since they are normally my favorite.
Mariko

Post by Mariko »

The Sklyde isn't bad, but the others are blech. The rest just look like the artist got lazy...
sureq

Post by sureq »

I could have sworn there was already a faerie swabbie. But evidently they don't and maraquan looks more faerie than this one. This is just the normal swabbie with wings pasted on and the angle changed.

None pass, with the sklyde being the best of the four.
ImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Crap, crap, crap, and meh. They can't even take the time to erase the tail on the Pandaphant.

Pitiful showing altogether.
Image Image
Dachusand

Post by Dachusand »

There all ok, I'm not liking the color choice for the pandaphant

I think it's the wrong shade of purple to me.
Daphie

Post by Daphie »

The sklyde would have been much better if the wings were just bones :(
DAPHIE&
f l i r t a t i o u s ♥
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Wow, it's a bucket full of pastel colored crap. I am not impressed.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets