Glacier Pets - New Colour

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
colettecop

Post by colettecop »

I get a kick out of the Kerubi, it looks so wonderfully snooty and cute -- reminds me of that pug Percy from Disney's Pochahontas movie.

I am surprised to say that I really like the Telenine! I don't normally like them at all since they look so goofy, but this one is awesome and looks very dignified. :)

As for the Montre, I really wanted to like it, but I'm disappointed. I adore the colors, the wings, the tail, the pose . . . but the expression on its face seems even less "cool" than a normal Montre. It looks exasperated or distracted, but not really aloof or cool. Still lovely art, at least.

Overall another great batch of pets! I'd love to see Aeanoids and Legeicas in this color. ^_^
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

Another lovelly batch of Glacier pets. The anatomy on the Montre bothers me somewhat, the pose looks tooo stuff. I... actually like the expression. It's almost as if it's saying "you are beginning to annoy me, you little cretin. Now get out of my sight before I hurt you."

The Telenine is gorgeous as well, I love the back spikes and the aloof expression. The Kerubi is adorably floofy *huggles it* and I love the pose. I don't mind that it looks fat here, I'd like to think that it looks fat since it's all fur as it's so cold out.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I like the Telenine. The fangs I think are supposed to look like icicles, but they just look lumpy and silly to me. The craggy ice from it's back though? Genius.

The Kerubi is quite nice! I like how it looks like it wants to keep warm.

The Montre... I'm like colettecop. I WANT to like it, I really do. It's face just looks off, it's pose looks off ... nngh. I like the tail, I like the colors, but the rest isn't doing anything for me. Which is a real shame, because I would've potioned my Arid Montre into a Glacier one in a heartbeat.

That said ... I hope more Galactics come out. I'd really like to see the Galactic Sage, at least.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

I lovelovelove the Kerubi! It's expression is just so perfectly disdainful, and the light blue just looks simply lovely. Great job, Rah <3

The Montre - like others, I really wanted to like it, but I don't. It's legs seem wrong - it makes the whole pet look like it was streched out. The muzzle looks like a fox's - very narrow (wish we had a fox pet . . .)

The Telenine is good, my favorite out of all of them (normally I dislike anything that reminds me of The Flintstones!)

Overall, I adore this color, and can't wait to see the rest of the pets, especially the Darkonite! I do wonder what will be done with the Celinox, though - it looks like a Glacier pet already!
Fever

Post by Fever »

Man I am still just so thrilled by this. I cant wait until I find a bucket of water lol x_x I might wait to see some more pets come out before I decide what to make though.

A question though, this isnt like galactic where you can only search for the water bucket of certain days is it?
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

The telenine is gorgeous. I don't like the other two, though (sorry). The kerubi's facial expression is great, but the pet itself is too fat... and the montre is too skinny. With those long legs and incredibly lean body, it reminds me of Gumby. Or Pokey, I guess. ;)

Also, HATE the ice fields (not the art -- it's lovely -- but the place itself). I've tried six times and I keep getting lost on the first turn or the second.
Last edited by Cranberry on 07 Sep 2007 09:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enriana
Human Avatar: 155464

Post by Enriana »

I am passionately in love with the Montre and am considering changing Yradel into one, except for the fact that its tail gets so blasted thin at the very tip. How can it hold up its little feathercharms and the cuff thingy?? It's really bothering me.

But if I get over it, Yradel is so changing. So perfect! And such a great idea for a pet - I like how they're not only a type (pale, blues and whites, ice, etc) but all aloof and snobby, it's a great touch.

I also fail at getting a bucket, but eventually! Maybe. Hm. Has anyone worked out the times for when you can do stuff again?
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I've been dreaming of a colour like this since Christmas when wondrous Snowlord v1 was out :D
This is not exactly snowlord like (no blizzard background, heavy icicles and ecstatic expression all of which I adored) but I like it all the same. Definitely more than enough to fuel my love for snow/mountains/winter.

I'll be making Alpea a glacial kerubi as soon as I make it through the darn maze (I adore the backgrounds Arbor made all the same) and it's probably not the last glacial pet I'll be making. So much love for these!

All pets released so far are drawn really well. The only one that feels a bit iffy is montre but it's the pet with best icicles of the lot - and I can almost hear those frozen appendages clinking. Can't wait to see more pets! *rubs hands excitedly*

Now if someone would only revert Snowlord to its old version so I can have a perfect minion too... *innocent smile*
Enriana wrote:Has anyone worked out the times for when you can do stuff again?
According to the boards it's every 2 hours.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

zebru wrote:
I think it may be a bit random too. Or just a glitch it had last night.
I did it once, then around 2 hrs later got in again. I clicked on the link on accident about a half hour later, and was able to do the game. I thought maybe it had reset, but it wasn't midnight yet, so that couldn't have been it.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Rajface

Post by Rajface »

Mmm, much love for the Glacier tigrean. I think I know what color Milord is going to be!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Good lord, I've <i>still</i> not even made it past the first "level" of the maze. Is there a trick to it? Am I just that unlucky?
Image Image
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

AngharadTy wrote:Good lord, I've <i>still</i> not even made it past the first "level" of the maze. Is there a trick to it? Am I just that unlucky?
I think you're just unlucky, people have been saying the route is random. I think the furthest I have got is to a second "right guess" which is quite rubbish. ¬_¬ Actually the last two times I tried I didn't even get the first one right.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Seerow wrote:
zebru wrote:
I think it may be a bit random too. Or just a glitch it had last night.
I did it once, then around 2 hrs later got in again. I clicked on the link on accident about a half hour later, and was able to do the game. I thought maybe it had reset, but it wasn't midnight yet, so that couldn't have been it.
I did it this morning... like, before noon, maybe around 10-ish... and it STILL won't let me back in. o_O And it's almost 6pm here.

Of course, this morning I managed to make it all the way to the end and get the bucket... maybe if you "win" you can't go again for a whole day or whatever?
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I've only gotten past the first screen once. I keep choosing the same direction because, damn it, if it is random my best chance should be to just keep playing the same path I have in mind. It's how I finally got the Mortog avvie on Neo, afterall.

Clearly my logic is faulty. :P

(And I'm still only allowed over there every 2 hours. I'm not sure why other people are having to wait different time lengths. :? )
Arbor

Post by Arbor »

I think the further you go, the longer your wait. You have to "find" your way back, afterall. Twice I lost on the first page, and waited an hour and a half. I've had to wait two+ hours other times, though, when I got further.