Pets in Need of Revamps (Split from Lain thread)

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Ignore this, modding...

Post by Silverevilchao »

Pets that have been recently revamped/new pets, then ignored - Devonti, Swampie, Tutani, Mahar, Terracoon, Popoko, Mallarchy, Dragarth
Add "Illumis" to that. Where's my Reborn/Graveyard/Nightmare/Angelic/Hydrus Illumis, dammit?! xD;;
Luxe

Re: New Pet! The Lain

Post by Luxe »

Go bug Aqua for that one.

I often shake my head at people saying, "Why did you release this when such and such needed a redraw?" Do you have any idea for how long Subeta's been looking for a good turdle redraw/design? At least for the six months I was back on staff, and then some months prior to that. DNA and I saw and rejected at least 4 designs by October, if not more. Just because it's not in the news doesn't mean it's not being worked on, or your pets are neglected. It could simply mean that Subeta wants to give you the very best pet possible. ;)
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Yea..the Turdle needs more love *cough* <_< *says nothing more..due to..reasons*
Image Image
ImageImage
checkers

Post by checkers »

Quite honestly, I think that users would have been happy with 'rejected' Turdles, it certainly would've stopped complaining right? The Lain doesn't fit Subeta style, that's my opinion. I've seen a Turdle that was a 'redraw' from a user here. XD I think that was perfect, but that art was rejected. I think instead of having people like Yourself (at the time) and DNA reject art BEFORE we even get to see it polled isn't good, well not in this case I suppose (Since Turdle needs major facelift)

Illumis + Cadogre are Aqua's art right? It seems Aqua has been working on her Endeavor species a lot, so maybe now that she is finished (I think they come in all colours appart from Hydrus) Aqua may be moving onto Illumis or Cadogre?
Rajface

Post by Rajface »

The turdles are being re-drawn again??? What happened to the version that was done just a little while before I left? Those were gorgeous.
Luxe

Post by Luxe »

The art was rejected for similar reasons that Vampire's was rejected. The artist was no longer on staff and therefore, we couldn't get someone to pick it up and keep it consistent. There was actually nothing wrong with the turdle design and I would have loved to use it. But it really makes no sense to release a design, no matter how good it is, and then have another artist pick it up so that users can notice inconsistencies and complain about them later.

And no, checkers. I don't agree with polling every design they come up with. Users already have a ridiculously huge sense of entitlement, and it would be an absurd waste of time to have artists complete a version of a turdle (or any/every pet that needs revamping) to poll and not be used at all, when they could be working on species to which they're already assigned like cadogres, felis, aeries, hipposarus, etc. The whole site can't be the creative director. Keith hires someone in that position (previously myself and/or DNA) to decide what goes on the site and/or gets polled. Polling everything would make that job obsolete, and the process really inefficient.

Also, just because a piece of art is rejected, that does not automatically mean that we thought it wasn't good. There are several reasons we might reject a piece of art, not just for quality. Nyau's turdle WAS nice. There were other reasons why we chose not to use it.
Last edited by Luxe on 18 Jan 2008 06:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jessyta

Post by Jessyta »

People honestly think the Malticorn is being ignored, even though we've been polled on it so it should be pretty obvious it IS being worked on?
checkers wrote:Quite honestly, I think that users would have been happy with 'rejected' Turdles, it certainly would've stopped complaining right? The Lain doesn't fit Subeta style, that's my opinion. I've seen a Turdle that was a 'redraw' from a user here. XD I think that was perfect, but that art was rejected. I think instead of having people like Yourself (at the time) and DNA reject art BEFORE we even get to see it polled isn't good, well not in this case I suppose (Since Turdle needs major facelift)
Wait... you think that a revamp would make users STOP complaining? You must have forgotten what Subeta's like in the time you've been frozen.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

The Malticorn was polled way back on September 11th. Since then nothing has come of it, so yeah, I think we are entitled to feel like its being ignored. A handful of pets have since been revamped, polled, and released but the Malticorn just sits there gathering dust. And what about the Feli? That was polled way back in April!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
checkers

Post by checkers »

Jessyta wrote:Wait... you think that a revamp would make users STOP complaining? You must have forgotten what Subeta's like in the time you've been frozen.
About that certain species, not overall. Subeta is FULL of complainers, that I don't forget but what I meant, and said was that they wouldn't put certain species into the 'NEED REVAMP' complaints, so that's what I said.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I wasnt aware of there being other reasons why it wouldnt be used, at least word wasnt passed down to me when I was staff.

Oh well.

And yea, Malticorn, I thought it had been revamped already too, till I looked at my own pet. Did it go through several revisions? I forget. Totally forgot about the Feli poll as well..D:
Image Image
ImageImage
Luxe

Post by Luxe »

The same artist is responsible for both of those and at least 6 other pets. Please cut the poor girl some slack.

The feli is being redone so that it's not posed like it's sitting on its anus, pardon my English. The malticorn probably just needs its colors done. I can't remember where we left that one. But really, I know you want Subeta artists to be full time employees. Some of them just aren't for various reasons. Doesn't mean they're just not interested in working on these things.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Looking back , I see that it does look like its sitting on its ass, and dragging it ..x_@
Image Image
ImageImage
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Luxe wrote:Go bug Aqua for that one.
Corniest pun ever :P
Luxe

Post by Luxe »

Iggy wrote:
Luxe wrote:Go bug Aqua for that one.
Corniest pun ever :P
XD I swear I didn't mean it that way.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

I'll do more illumises eventually, I swear. @_@ It's mostly a matter of fitting them into the canvas with those wings.. I'm afraid of making them too tiny. D: *kind of art slumpy right now*