Historical Atebus Revolution

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Aqua

Re: Historical Atebus Revolution

Post by Aqua »

"You have invited TheLoneTiel to a dance!"

Yay, working for me again. :D
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Boo, okay, that is oddly complicated. Are the trinkets then unique items that you can sell? I... Don't get why that step would be needed, but that's Subeta! Thanks for pointing out the obvious yet again Slugawoo. :D;;
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Looks like I missed all the fun and now Subeta is down. Joy!
I was able to invite Hagane to dance just before the site went down and before I read this thread, I hope I didn't glitch you (or me)!

As I was talking about earlier to a friend, there really should be either less items to buy (or cheaper items I guess), more tokens handed out, or just have them buyable with either sp or tokens. At the rate I'm going, I'm going to need a month of solid dancing ever 10-15 minutes just to get items I definitely want, not counting ones I'd like to have.

Edit: Tiel, yeah, you can sell the trinkets. Think of them as being the humming crystals you use for the Fragmentizer. Make sure you are clicking the "Turn in Trinkets" button so you can actually use them in the stores.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
covet

Post by covet »

Stuck again. Could someone try inviting me? I want to see if that clears it.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

If someone would be kind enough to invite me as well, I'd appreciate it, as I'm also caught in the glitch.

ETA: Thanks, Bif, but it looks like I'm still stuck. :(
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Hmm. I need a bunch of the new drinks and a couple of plushies... but that's it, really. None of the clothes are that appealing to me :?

Here's my link. If I'm online, I'll accept...
I also think it should be set up more like the 'biting' and trick or treating is.

I haven't even tried to dance yet, but from what I can gather from reading this thread is that I'd just be wasting my time. ::shrug::

Let me know when the event is actually *working* and maybe I'll participate!
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
klaatu99

Post by klaatu99 »

Just an apology to anyone from here who has asked me to dance in the past couple of days if I didn't accept. I've been out of the house a lot and when I get home, even tho it says I have dance invitations, when I click on them it says that I don't.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Feed Us Please!

KlaatuWolf on Subeta
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Well, I have to say it's easy to not buy items in the lounge. Unless you collect food, it's easy to use that shop just for conversion. There are so many wearables i wish to buy!
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Damn, I'm stuck in the evil glitchy loop too.

"You are already invited to a dance. Click here to address it." *click* "You haven't been invited to dance!" *tries to invite someone to dance* Bah, I get the same thing :( I really, really wish they would have ironed this out first.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

"Whoops, can't invite yourself!"

But... but no one is online... no way am I venturing into the forums. The site's barely staying up as it is. I feel like I've fought for my trinkets for hours, and I have very little to show for it. The novelty's definitely worn off and the buggy mechanics are all I can see now.

edit--okay, so... someone logged in, and now it turns out I'm stuck. Hahahahaha! This is so much fun!
Image Image
klaatu99

Post by klaatu99 »

After some quick cypherin', I've determined that I need 305 more steamworks tokens to get the things that I *must* have. Anything after that will be gravy.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Feed Us Please!

KlaatuWolf on Subeta
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Urf, okay, really, coming back to the computer to see three missed dance requests makes me feel bad. I can't help it that Subeta shows me as online for, what, 5 minutes after I leave? 10? Should I remove my mask every time I step away from the computer and put it back every time I come back? Because I won't remember, and that's a major hassle when it should really JUST BE LIKE TRICK-OR-TREATING.

Also, after you dance, one of the links takes you to "concessions" instead of the "lounge" and it loads a blank page. This is dumb.

"You have been invited to a dance by Kyonkichi!. Click here to say yes/no!" (a) Exclamation point or period, make up your mind. (b) Every time I click that link, I swear, a stupidly repetitive voice in my head says "yes/no!" Just... "yes or no." Using full sentences improves reader comprehension, but mostly, it makes you look more intelligent.

Whyyyyyy do events not show up on any of the masquerade-related pages! I keep forgetting it and then accidentally ignoring dance invites. o.O

But I could forgive any of that if it was just like biting or trick-or-treating or any of the less-buggy, less-un-fun events. It's trying too hard to be creative, and while I certainly appreciate the attempt at creativity, it flopped. "Is this fun? Click here to say yes/no!"
Image Image
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Yeah, I'm going through the whole you haven't been invited glitch thing. I invite someone, if they don't accept and my time runs up, I can't invite anyone for a bit. So I'm sticking with people who are online. This makes trinket collecting all the more slower. **drums fingers**

Add on: It'll say you're online up to 10 minutes after you actually stopped being online. Yes, I've timed it. ^-^' So it sucks when it says someone is online, you invite and then it turns out they haven't been on for like 5 minutes. So pretty much you have to turn around and check their little status that says if they are online now or a few minutes ago. Then there is another snag. Cause the person could have it hidden which I'm guilty of. **sheepish** But still, quite annoying. I agree with Ty. I like the trying to be creative part but it's turning to be more annoying then fun.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I keep getting "ignored" by people that I know are still online. It's causing me to get stuck. I don't think that multiple people--at least 4 people this morning--are ignoring my dance invites. It feels like a shiny new glitch, or an outgrowth of the preexisting glitch. I wonder if they see the invite at all--the only dance acceptance I got today was one from you, Alicorn. If they see it, I wonder if they can accept or if the time has already passed--I check neurotically and they really do stay online a while. I kind of hope that they are accepting it and getting trinkets, even if I'm obviously not, because at least then SOMEONE can benefit in some way.

Irked. Very irked.

edit:

haha. Site is down, arid feli up, etc. And it says, "Fixing an error with the Dancing! Some people are able to keep dancing over and over :( NOT FAIR."

How about getting stuck over and over and over? That fair? How about any of the rest of it? Fair? Let's leave aside fair. IS IT FUN?!
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

So I just invited Alicorn to a dance, refreshed the page, and it said I invited her again. Okay, well, strange but I've had that before (had a 8 second wait once!). Refreshed again after a few seconds and said I invited her to dance again. Is this a glitch?

Edit: Ohh, looks like it is a glitch. I better not get warned for this X_X

And come on already staff, make it like trick or treating already!
I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't buggy as hell. Beta testing stuff like this = good idea!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.