Trivia Talk

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Re: Trivia Talk

Post by Kamil »

Now I'm nervous, mellaka, as I quickly found an answer that I think has to be right. It is certainly a right answer; it had better be the right answer or I'm going to be quite miffed as it fits in all ways.

And I too want that lolly. >.>
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I found one answer that kinda fits, one answer that makes sense, and one answer that makes even more sense. I think the second one there makes enough sense that I almost answered it. Hell, it makes enough sense that if the question writer didn't know about the third one when they wrote the trivia, they might have designed it for the second answer.

That's a roundabout way of saying that I expect some people will be pissed at the end of this trivia, no matter what. The thing is, it is hard, sometimes, to come up with all the possible wrong answers and edit the question appropriately. But that's more reason for there to be a team of people who devise the trivia.
Image Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Interesting. i found a few things that sort of fit but nothing I thought fit really well. Luckily, I don't particularly want the lollipop.
Kamil
Not the nice one

Post by Kamil »

*looks at Ty's post*

Aw, shit. I didn't look beyond the first answer I found, because it fit so perfectly. No doubt I found the second result. Hopefully, after it's over and the multiple answers are pointed out the prize will be reused.

Keith's often good that way. =D

And yes, there does need to be a team of three to five people whose job it is to prepare four or five trivia questions per week. Trivia once was a highlight of the site, now, it's so often an afterthought.

And I know, believe me, I know, how hard staff works at their current jobs. So I think this needs to be a new position, for a small group of people who do nothing for the site but this. They don't even need to be considered staff, per se. They just need someone on staff to feed their questions/answers to, and then that person sees to the updating of the actual question.

Because Trivia needs to be cool again, yo.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I'm sorry, but your answer of shinwas weather orb for the trivia was incorrect.

I know why it's wrong but I'm still annoyed at myself for taking the first answer that seemed right.

(With this magical gift from Shinwa, you will have the power to change the weather.)
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Yay, I got it right! ^_^

Guess that means I should make another gallery-keeper HA now!
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Hmm, I really want the new trivia prize, but of course the answer seems to be more difficult to find than I'd expected. I'm running low on ideas of where to look.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I think I found the answer, but it's iffy enough in my mind that I won't be surprised if it turns out I missed something more obvious. I hope I didn't, though; I really like the prize.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I found this one right away, actually ^-^ Huzzah!
Kamil
Not the nice one

Post by Kamil »

There's a new one, finally, but it's MATH. *stabbity*

At least the prize looks cool - or rather, it looks like it has the potential to be cool. ^^
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

This was one of those rare trivias where my first guess at the method behind the answer was apparently correct. [/fingers crossed] The petal does look like it has potential, but I have no idea what it is. For the moment it doesn't seem to be wearable; maybe it's a weapon?

The answer to the last one was Nathaniel.
klaatu99

Post by klaatu99 »

Same with me Officer, took me a few minutes tho since math isn't my strong suit.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Feed Us Please!

KlaatuWolf on Subeta
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm

Post by bonecrivain »

........I answered the last trivia, and I answered it correctly.

But I didn't get the prize or any notification about having answered incorrectly. I even entered my answer a second time to make sure I got the "you have already entered this contest" response. Was there a rollback during that time that I didn't even notice?

I'm pretty irritated, because I actually WANTED that last prize. This one's math and it's stupid and I'm too irritated to even bother trying to figure out the answer.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I also answered correctly and got no notification, but I did get the dragon plushie thing. If you didn't get it at all, Bon, I'll send you mine.

I haven't figured the new one out yet. I don't think my brain works in whatever way the trivia wants.
Image Image
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm

Post by bonecrivain »

Nope, I checked my inventory (and refreshed a couple of times, just in case) before posting here, because I didn't want to edit with an embarrassed, "....oh, nevermind."

*checks several more times, just to make sure*