Atlas of the ancients

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Re: Atlas of the ancients

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Roxton seems to have turned into a bit of a berk (sorry RD).
No, I agree he's acting a bit oddly. I'd ask someone to throw a bucket of water over him, but since it's already raining I doubt it'd do much.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

If i recall correctly, the Yurble Janitor has been showing up in plots in one form or another ever since his introduction. Is the one in the first comic a reference to him? :P
Rainbow Daydreamer

Fjorab_Teke wrote:If i recall correctly, the Yurble Janitor has been showing up in plots in one form or another ever since his introduction. Is the one in the first comic a reference to him? :P
I doubt it. This Yurble is yellow, while the Janitor is a very bright orange.
Noble fauf

Post by Noble fauf »

The third chapter is up now! (and you actually get to do something)
Spoiler: open/close
Just click on the statue of Siyana the light faerie in the hall of heroes and then you receive your reward.
It's a wearable pocketwatch. It's pretty snazzy if you're going for a Neovia style or something.
Also, NC challenge challenge tickets for atlas of the ancients are up for sale now. They're 600NC a piece and there will be 4 challenges total with a bonus neocash item as a reward for completing all 4
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Erk, is it me or do parts of this plot seem to be missing? The clue in the third part makes no sense. And, really, having the NC Mall involved?! I hope that it doesn't count against plot points for those of us who either can't afford it or don't want to have anything to do with that place! I also sincerely hope more of the plot isn't revealed there!
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Between the ultra subtle "Click here to be led to the almost exact page that will be involved in the next step after we've mentioned specifically what to look for!" hint and the "You've received a prize...!" I'm not exactly thrilled about the plot.

Pretty, I guess, but if I ever try to do anything with the plot images graphics wise I'll end up wanting to kill whoever thought it was a good idea to add a white glow to people.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Hmmm, I'm still optimistic about this. I mean...

First step: read the comic, you don't even need to move from the page
Second step: you know where you have to go, but not exactly what you have to do. So it's a little bit harder, and if we're in for a long haul as Roxton's journey plan suggests, it has the potential to keep getting progressively more challenging until we actually hit OLDPD territory.

Plus, it's Friday. If all the plot-fanciers are feeling annoyed, TNT will certainly know about it sorting through editorial forms.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Hmm, so if someone hasn't completed the Altador plot, they can't get anywhere in this one?
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I think they altered the second step a bit from yesterday. Now to get the watch you need to click first on King Altador, then Jerdana and only than on Siyana. I tried going straight to Siyana this morning but it didn't work.

I think they can Fjorab - hall looks a bit different to them, but it should still work.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I don't really mind the art so far, though it's far from great, especially for a plot. The animations don't kill my computer but they are annoying. The last chapter especially had a lot of it. Seriously, what is TNT's fascination with making their images move 0_o

I hope there's still a prize shop at the end, as that is one of the best part of their plots! being rewarded for each step is nice, as long as it doesn't replace a shop.

You'd think TNT would be a bit more creative then yet again having the (silly) NC Mall component involve sending game scores. I mean, I'm happy they aren't restricting steps of the plot from normal users, but if I'm going to shell out $6 for a freaking ticket I want something a bit more exciting.

And who the hell would want to pay $6 for a ticket anyway 0_o That's ridiculous.
Last edited by Seerow on 25 Oct 2009 02:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Noble fauf

Post by Noble fauf »

And who the hell would pay wants to pay $6 for a ticket anyway 0_o That's ridiculous.

That was my first thought when I saw that the tickets were $6 a piece, the first prize is an nice looking sachel, but I wouldn't pay 600NC for it.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

The thing is, I'm pretty sure there will be at least 10 more optional ways to spend NC before this plot is over. I guess I have the same fears as Nogistune about it (eventually) requiring NC for a shinier trophy.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
varii

Post by varii »

I am not understanding the point of this plot yet. Our three characters are basically randomly visiting places in Neopia for no real reason other than to 'save it' from something vague that may include bad weather, purple flowers and maybe fire monsters? Four steps in and there is no drama and nothing to do.
rei @ neopets
Faun

Post by Faun »

part 4 is up!
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Rainbow Daydreamer

Today's chapter is fun, but I can't help but wonder how they're going to connect all this up. At the moment it feels like a series of short stories about Roxy, Clara and Jordie. And while that's entertaining, it isn't much to hang a plot campaign on. (And when, exactly, is saving Neopia going to show up?)