Atlas of the ancients

Post anything new on Neopets here.
EofS

Re: Atlas of the ancients

Post by EofS »

Jazzy wrote:
EofS wrote:
Usul_Princess wrote:Wow, check out the instructions:

"If you make the line too steep, your ship won't be able to manoeuvre correctly..."
What's wrong with that?
It's really unhelpful in telling me how to actually play it. It's got exactly sod all to do with how steep my lines are: my ship crashes because there's an unbroken line of obstacles, or because it's ignoring the line. Or because my line's suddenly shot halfway across the screen as the game's jerked. Or because it's forgotten there ever was a line.
With all due respect, the game instructions are written assuming the game is working correctly on your computer. I've not had any of the problems you have. Although I have noticed that because I play on low graphics, sometimes it looks like the line's still there but actually it's faded - in high graphics, you see the line fade better. And if the line is too steep, it *does* stop your boatyplane.

(Well obviously, the unbroken line of obstacles thing. The trick is to aim for one which will disappear when you hit it - the birds, the bluer clouds, not the trees or fans or stuff. In the instructions they're the top two rows, maybe three.)
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Hey! I finished the game!

With 886 points.

{eta} 2 games later... died with exactly 1000 points. Aren't I a lucky bitch?
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Noble fauf

Post by Noble fauf »

About the Atlas of ancients NC challenges: I figured out that the 600NC ticket is good for all 4 events. I figured I'd spend the 600nc to see what they were like, and I found the nc quests to involve a little more thought than the regular chapters, though the games challenges were pretty easy (though I still haven't beat cloud raiders).

So far I've gotten the following items
ImageImageImage
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

My delightful flash-game playing experience summed up in one image:
Spoiler: open/close
... and that's all the game does, on my computer - even in low-res. I presume it should do more? The oars waggle, the sail bit moves a little, there's a ruddy great '3' in the middle of the screen, and nothing ever happens. Nothing happens at all.
I guess I won't be completing this step of the plot, then. >:(
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Good news: New chapter is up!
Bad news: I... think I'm starting to be over Roxy. Say it ain't so... He used to be a sorta dreamy twit. Now he's just a twit. Get it together, Rox.
Good news: New plot step!
Bad news: Where the heck is it?
Good news (?): maybe this'll cheer up the people who didn't like being signposted.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

I know what to do.
Head to Terror Mountain and start clicking. It's in a different location for everyone, quite random. I found my Mysterious Orchids in some game in the Ice Caves.

Yawn. This plot is the most boring thing ever.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Kantark wrote:My delightful flash-game playing experience summed up in one image:
... and that's all the game does, on my computer - even in low-res. I presume it should do more? The oars waggle, the sail bit moves a little, there's a ruddy great '3' in the middle of the screen, and nothing ever happens. Nothing happens at all.
I guess I won't be completing this step of the plot, then. >:(
That's what it does on my laptop, too.

Luckily I have a desktop at work that will run the game (unluckily, I haven't been able to get 1000 points yet).

But, smooth move, TNT, making a plot step that won't run on older computers.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Thanks, Ailiel. I got it in about 5 clicks. I, too will have to give up on that monstrosity of a game. My ship does absolutely nothing despite the directions, and even in low-res I can't get it to move anywhere but straight into pine trees. This plot so feels like random crap they make up daily. Like a scavenger hunt for 3 year olds.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

It was the very last link I clicked on all the three maps... a least when I was playing the flash game it wasn't completely brainless, and somewhat less boring, too.
Neopets wishlists: here
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I got it visiting the Snowager before I even knew that was a plot step. Much as I like the fact that it was easy for me, I'm not sure this is how plot steps are really supposed to work.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I'm not sure if I can call this a plot anymore. It seems an insult to the Lost Desert plot and the Neovia plot...

It is a pretty flower we got, I wish it was more than a gift. But it will look great in some galleries at least!
Captain_Awesome

Post by Captain_Awesome »

Could this "plot" be the beginning of Neopia's new version of "plots"? :(
Faun

Post by Faun »

I cant score more than 600 points in the game. >.< looks like I cant do that then....
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Notice how Jordie does not appear in the comic after the perilous trek across the slippery trails? Presumably he fell off and nobody gave a toss because they were too busy falling in, er, deep mutual respect. ;-) And Hannah and Kanrik did the cliff-fall scenario sooooo much better.

But... that Moltenore nearly makes up for it. Aww, so cute! I'd go out and buy one but I bet the price has gone through the roof, and they weren't cheap to start with.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

from what i can see the plot so far is
1.read comic
2. click X spot at X location
3 play/not play a game
4. wait for next step
5. REPEAT

this plot if it really can be called one is FREAKING boreing me right now! i hope TNT has something good on the way already i am longing for another return of sloth plot !