New colour: Woodland! + Strawberry acara

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Purr

New colour: Woodland! + Strawberry acara

Post by Purr »

ImageImageImage

WOODLAND. *whistles* Now THIS is the nature spirit color I've been wanting for my character... but there's a ton of potential, almost too much :O I don't know what to say, only that this new color is PERFECT for so many people's pets. The wood is shiny, and seems... not quite gradient, but skilfully shaded! THe leaves have a nice look to them, and I love the tail! The knots in the wood are a nice touch :)

- (edit) ONE nitpick though, the vein of wood under his right eye (left from our perspective) makes it look tired, like a dark circle or baggy eyes. BUT that's minor, I DO love this color. I can tell this will go NUTS, ten times that of relic.

In comparison, strawberry is strawberry. Not much to say, but I do like the stem on the head, but that IS standard... Flowers like the bruce had would be nice, but the chest fur is so... flat and unshaded :(
Last edited by Purr on 25 Jun 2010 09:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: New colour: Woodland! + Strawberry acara

Post by AngharadTy »

Wow. I love that woodland acara. Those leaves are super gorgeous. And the shading on the wood is lovely. It does look almost like a gradient. If it is, it's one of the best uses of gradients I've seen in ages.

The stem/leaf bit on the strawberry is pretty great, too.
Image Image
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Totally digging the new colour. I hope other woodland pets to follow will be just as good.
I'm glad they kept eyes shiny - it could have easily looked like a totem, but thanks to shiny eyes, it looks alive.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Wow, it's close to what I wanted in an earth-based colour many years ago. I hope they don't get lazy later on and just use a wood pattern-fill with leaves pasted on. I bet Aishas will come out nice.
cerpin

Post by cerpin »

Agggh. I love woodland! I'm just worried that every pet will look the exact same in this color, as TNT has been doing, lately. It's really great, though! The coloring, shading, and detail are marvelous.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Didn't see this coming!

Strawberry is let down by the plain chest area which is a shame because the rest of it, especially the stalk, looks good.

The Woodland Acara is... I dunno... mahogany coloured? It's quite a darkish brown and doesn't strike me as that natural a shade. It's still an interesting and well thought out colour, though. Plenty of potential in this paint brush.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Two new paint brush colors so recently? Well, one is less lame than the other. This acara is pretty nice, but I'm afraid effort is going to go after the first pet or two in this new color. Still though, its a nice addition to the color options for acaras.

I too, like the stem on the starwberry acara's head. I'd be tempted to doodle a disembodied acara head being held delicately by the monoceraptor between his claws, or some other large critter.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Crystalame

Post by Crystalame »

Wow, how cool! It's like a totem in a way! It's like Ice, Relic, and Woodland are all blasts to the past. :P

I really like them both, although for some reason (as pointed out before) the chest on the Strawberry one bugs me a little. The stem is just so cute though.

Woodland is similar to Relic, but again, it's always nice to see a new color.
Crickwing

Post by Crickwing »

I am LOVING The woodland color! And epic job on the Artist's part!
Cerpin, I agree. I hope it's not just the same thing over and over. I want variance in leaves, like autumn maple leaves, or one that's almost completely leaves! Or a pet with a lot of roots or something :D
Faun

Post by Faun »

Woodland is so pretty! I really wasnt expecting this colour, and I really hope that all the pets don`t look the same. I agree that they could maybe use different colour leaves, and maybe they could put fruit or something on them. I would really like to see one that looked like an apple tree.
Strawberry is nice, I agree about the chest, But Overall I think that is a nice colour. :D
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
tagcat

Post by tagcat »

Woodland is a damn attractive colour, and they can use so many trees from over the world to keep the design fresh. Wow, lets hope neo is getting back on track! Also a lovely touch on the cheeks. The fur has been turned skilfully from fur into flakes of bark. :)
Snowager

Post by Snowager »

Woodland, awesome! This can be painted for my plant gardening pet now :D (Once I get the money and the price decreasess!!!)

First woodland PB auction ever.
http://www.neopets.com/genie.phtml
GOGOGO!
Woodland Paint Brush kaulback007 > 24 hours 10000000 NP 15000000 NP nobody
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Haha, I've been waiting for this color to potentially appear since it was in that caption contest so so long ago, and here it finally is - and I LIKE it! I agree with Ty - it does look gradient, but tastefully and skillfully done. It's really quite pretty, I love the texture of the wood and I love the leaves on the head - and I really hope this is an FFQ color, because I might have just found something I can use my FFQ for, eventually xD

I rather like the stem on top of the Acara's head for strawberry, too xD Cute!
Plushie Lenny

Post by Plushie Lenny »

FINALLY. A plant type brush!!!!
It has sooo much potential, and i love it already, unfortunately i thought the same about relic and that has started to have a few "lazy" pets.
Hopefully when we see more Woodland pets they will have other sorts of plat life on them instead of just leafs.
Can not wait for the maned pets to have woodland, Eyrie, Gnorbu, Ogrin, Wocky etc: :D
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Well, it's a start. Wonder why there's so many new colours being released every few months now. o.o