Achievements and Tales of Woe

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Re: Achievements and Tales of Woe

Post by Tiki »

None of my most-wanted names were clearing this time around, but I did change Wiki's name to Ether. :] It still works with her color. Wiki might have been more suited to the fact that she's knowledgeable, but it started to bug me how all my pets were "regular" real word names and she stood out as being a super modern, recently-created word similar to "blog" or something.

Lindsey gave me both the Blacklight and Spectrum versions of the priggle art to work with, and the end result was decidedly more Blacklight, so I submitted to my consumerist nature and bought the new potion. ;P Oh well, it's supporting the artists I love so I can't complain!

Edit: Oh! And another achievement... related to achievements, of all things. ;D My bank account went from 0 to 120m overnight thanks to selling my RS War points, and I finally have enough collateral to get a bunch of achievements I would never otherwise obtain. I'm most proud of getting the one involving the Malice, since I have missed EVERY single book drive in Subeta's history.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Aside: how does one buy and sell RS war points?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

http://web1.subeta.net/forums/forum/30

There you go, Wings. Enjoyyyyy that mess. ;) I paid 20k per point a few days ago. Dunno what the going rate is now. If it's less, don't tell me, haha!
Image Image
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

No WONDER there aren't as many RS War items as I was expecting in the shops... people are buying them custom-order. Now I feel dense, I totally didn't realize that.

Score!

So I suppose that's my achievement, to get back on topic... looking at the prices in the Shop Wiz I was thinking I was never going to be able to get most of the items I wanted. Now I have four of them! I may need to sell a GA medal to recoup some of my spending, but oh, well.

(Anyone have any Manwar points laying around still? I'm in the market. :-) )
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

RL was kicking my butt this summer and playtime on Subeta's been severely cut as a result, but last week was my 4th year anniversary. :D I know I'm going to use the loyalty box to get another pet slot... I just need to figure out what my 12th pet is going to be.

ETA: Ended up browsing the pound for ideas and ran across one of the pets I was actually considering creating. I tossed it to fate and adopted her. Now to make her a profile and all the things that go with it.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I went to put Mezz into the pirate resort, and got:
Subeta wrote:Pirates only!
Which is headdesky enough in itself, but I also still get the aggravating:
Subeta wrote:Islanders only!
if I try to go back and spend those few points I never got a chance to use last year. (Insert rage here.) So. What now? Do I open a ticket?
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

You have been given 1 extra pet slot, for a total of 23
Back to your items!
Definitely my favorite achievement xD
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Is anyone else sick of all the on site mourning for whatsherface? All the new free gifts are nice, but I keep missing out because there are so many.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

OF COURSE the Long Blade of Grass re-appears in the Token Shop the day after I decided it was probably a summer item, that it wasn't coming back anytime soon, and bought it for 3 million sP.

:headdesk:
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Evil double post.

I have the Pirate Cutlass, at long last! And, I'm broke. But, shiny!!!!

Behold, Duskfeather's sword collection! I've never tried to collect all swords, or even all pretty swords... there are just too many and they're too expensive. But the Pirate Cutlass is just SO pretty...
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Woo, Duskfeather's treasures are looking damn nice. That is one gorgeous sword. The shine on it is so pretty.
Image Image
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Ack! I just had to be at the cottage when Subeta's birthday rolled around. **grumbles** Luckily the stuff I really wanted wasn't to expensive at all so I bought all that up. **pets kitty** But a bit bummed at missing the chance for bag collecting achievements. XP

I'm loving Duskfeather's treasure Wings! So many shiny sharp pointy objects. What's not to love! XD
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

That is a lovely treasure, Wings. So so many pretty things. *admires*

I'd toss a few bags your way, Alicorn, but I didn't get many in the first place, and I've already opened all but one of each color. However, I think they may still be giving them out; I know I got one as recently as last night. So possibly there might be a few still about. And any new ones I get are yours. <3

In other news, I restocked a second Shinigami not long ago. I should sell it, but I'd really like to use it to make an Abyss -- I think. I've wanted one since the moment I saw it, and they are nice weapons, but I could probably buy one more cheaply - although I'd miss the achievement, if I went that way. And if I decide to use it to get the achievement, then there are probably better choices than the Abyss, if I'm looking at it from a 'which is the better weapon' perspective. Although, given the clusterfuck that is the battle coliseum right now, there's probably no real way to be sure. *flails about*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I will also send some bags your way, I have some spares!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Jeysca won the pet spotlight for today! Which means that everyone from that main "ghost" story thread (Ishka, Myr, and Jeysca) have won, which is rather neat!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.