Post minor achievements/woes here!-split 2/16/09

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

13 1000 shares of HUW Sold 1000 shares of HUW for 89000 NP.

Nigel the Chia charges 20 NP as commission.

Summary : You had 159387 NP. After 13 successful transactions, you have 1316367.

I decided to make my new sell point 90, and I was tired of that one hitting 87, 89, etc. and going back down. :P
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

So it turns out that the Drenched weren't all that after all - after, yanno, an amazingly wonderful person loaned me her weapons. xD The Quaslan Mummy went down without too much trouble as well, so for the first time ever, I've run my way entirely through the DoN challengers list.

Cool. =D And then I beat the Snowager too, mostly because he was there. So it was a fun evening.

Oh! I played Key Quest for the first time last night, then tonight I tried it again, having more of an idea what the hell I was supposed to be doing and won a speckled paint brush and a bunch of other crap. So that seems like a fun new way to kill time.

...'cause I needed more of those. >.>
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I hate my new lab rat. ;_; For the first time in years, probably, I have one who's name doesn't fall between D and U, so he's out of place with the rest of my pets. I almost zapped by unconverted faerie pteri, but I realized what I was doing as I clicked and it didn't go through.

I have my labby without a background to distinguish him from my other pets, but apparently that isn't enough.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

thelonetiel wrote:I hate my new lab rat. ;_; For the first time in years, probably, I have one who's name doesn't fall between D and U, so he's out of place with the rest of my pets.
Haha, I know that 'name order snob' thing you feel. XD

http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml ... arspiceetn

The pets on that account are so stupidly OCD organized, that I beam everytime I see it. I'm actually proud of the fact that I converted my Tyrannian peophin because my RG peophin looks like she's "real sisters" with Caisynne. Not to mention the fact that the neomails about Coralane have have slowed down a little because of the movie 'Coraline' (Ugh. Go harass the frozen user with the name. Seriously.)

Tiel, you need a very loud, obnoxious BG with like 10 trinkets that disrupts the "harmony" of your other 3 pets/BGs. Or, just make it your active to constantly remind you. I remember wishing that they would grey out the other three pets you don't have selected for zapping. That would help.

...Kim's bets looked unrealistically crazy today, so I went with Carrie's, and got a 52:10! I don't think that's enough for a 1st of the month trophy, but we'll see.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

I use Carrie's bets all the time since she posts them everyday (I'm addicted!) and I enjoyed that 52:1 profit!
*hearts Food Club*
Madge

Post by Madge »

Yeah I also used Carrie's bets and though I'm not logged in (boyfriend's computer), I should've got 52:10 profit like the rest of yous unless I fucked up again!

Now, what time do we have to collect our money in order to be able to run for the trophy? I'm guessing after midnight NST on the first?

Also, TPEG was at 60 a few hours ago, and some of the stocks are hovering close to 100... c'mon hit triple digits and I'll sell!
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

I'm sure that I won't get a trophy, as I haven't been following the bets all month.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Damn it Puffo the Waister. :x I felt greedy and did the bets that had a ton of 160:1 odds hoping to luck out like some people on here did a while ago but a 13:1 on one of the 'safest' pirates came through so they all fell through. I should have stuck with Carrie like I usually do. Oh well.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Re: Madge, usually if your winnings don't total 800K before collecting on the 1st of the month, your chances are almost nil for getting it. Odds near the end of the month usually suck anyway (I swear on purpose to stop people from collecting trophies).The bets forefit after 7 days of not collecting.
But if you collected within/in between 7 days before the 1st (Jan 25th and after?), then you, me, and along with 1,000 other people who used Carrie just today won't get a trophy. Even if it's right at 12AM NST.

Last month (or maybe November) someone on the 1st collected 4 million. o_O
adi_gallia wrote:Damn it Puffo the Waister. :x
I laughed at this for like 20 minutes. :D Carrie placed her bets real early today, and I saw she was risking the 13:1's, but Kim said she wouldn't today, so I think Carrie has the trophy collectors in mind. I would've never used Puffo the waister as a 13:1 either. Probably would've went with Tailhook Kid because he's usually a 4:1, and he was 13:1 today.
ImageImage

Madge

Post by Madge »

Thanks for that :) Though if the person who wins has less than 500k I am going to be mighty angry!

I remember back in the old days, three years ago or so, when I played the food club just betting on 2:1s against 13:1s, on the last day of some month there was an awesome odds on the last day of the month, I bet on them, and from collecting just one day I got a silver trophy, much to my surprise.

Now I'm back at my own computer it would seem I didn't screw up and got the 52:1! Yay!
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

You know, I've been playing FC for almost a year now, and now that I understand it better, I'm going to place suggestions on more reliable/strong pirates on Rendivir's page if someone is unsure of which 11:1, 12:1, and 13:1 to use in a certain arena. Sometimes it's hard to say when there are three 13:1's and one 2:1 to go with. Independent bets are fun if the odds are horrible and neither Kim nor Carrie is betting that day.

FC'ers Anonymous: We laugh at the idea of intervention.
ImageImage

Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I'm not sure I like the idea of petpages with Food Club bets like that... I just hope TNT never decides that too many people are placing the exact same bets every day and changes the game or something. I probably worry unnecessarily, though; they seem to forget the game exists most of the time (at least it hasn't been broken for days recently).

Today I bought six cool neggs and have an offer in on a seventh! I don't know whether that's an achievement or a woe... it's a lot of NP (they're 430-440k each), but it should knock at least a week off my level-training time, plus give me some strength, HP and movement. (I'm trying to get to level 250 so I can do the four-hour courses in the ninja school, and I have no patience for the 24-hour training school courses between levels 201 and 250.) I can't feed all of those neggs to my pet until he's starving, so now I wait!
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Cranberry wrote:I'm not sure I like the idea of petpages with Food Club bets like that... I just hope TNT never decides that too many people are placing the exact same bets every day and changes the game or something. I probably worry unnecessarily, though; they seem to forget the game exists most of the time (at least it hasn't been broken for days recently).
Ah, you're not alone. I'm looking at what I wrote, and this crap makes no sense. I make no sense because the page is basically how to be logical in an illogical, completely avoidable NP risk situation. At the very least, I'm sad because the page is so nice, but I'm hesitant to upload it because I'm risking lack of privacy and Neo has so many added-on rules, I don't know what can you do that isn't verboten anymore. I'll sleep on it. Maybe ask a Charter in a neomail or something.
ImageImage

Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I just bet on the 13:1 with the highest win percentage. ;) I didn't mean your page was a bad idea, though... if you like how it turned out, put it up! I worry more about this other page everyone seems to be going with; it sounds very popular.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I just attained my "end of January goal" of reaching 10 mil again, whew! That last 300,000 was a challenge to get in today. I pretty much cleared out worth-selling stuff from my SDB and played a LOT of games. I still have a bunch of SSW-priced stuff in the shop.

EDIT: Most of the stuff is gone now, nice enough profit to buy another Electric PB and still have 10 mil in the bank.

WOE though - how long has it been since I last complained about a stubborn pair of Aboogalas in my inventory, both steadfastly refusing to attach? ATTACH, YOU STUPID LITTLE ABOOGALA!