Fill the pet db: 30 missing old ones pg5, new pets pg7

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: Call for help: post-customisation URLs

Post by Cranberry »

I think I actually did make a mistake earlier today; I entered the grey male gelert and tyrannian male krawk as grandfathered versions. They should be 2vzxfb97 and rnk4ol3c, respectively.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

There's a problem with the rainbow bruce bow tie: it doesn't actually exist at the moment so there are no fully clothed pictures of rainbow bruce. I suppose in this situation we have to just leave it.

Blue, green, red and yellow are all complete now, and I think we have about 37% done according to your estimates. What would be cool now would be a way of generating a random "required pet"- and also the search text for Google. But that would be very low on your coding priority list, so I'll just have to keep swapping from one colour to another when I get tired of one colour instead.

edit: because I have nowhere else to note this, I think I found the most emo Neopets account ever: clicky. Not that the graphics are emo, but the pet names...
Neopets wishlists: here
Fury

Post by Fury »

I uploaded the picture for a male Rainbow Jetsam (as I got him through the lab recently) and will continue to upload pets as I find them. =)

Edit: I've added:

Female Brown Moehog
Female Tomato Chia
Female Maraquan Grundo
Female Royalgirl Usul

Male Royalboy Krawk
Male Royalboy Grarrl
Male Coconut Jubjub
Male Baby Pteri
Male Baby Chomby
Male Island jetsam
Male Mutant Moehog

And I accidentally uploaded a male Darigan Eyrie image with a background attached. Sorry! :(
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I screwed up: I thought the plushie Eyrie (male, I think) I uploaded was the converted version, but looking at some other plushie Eyries I think it was a grandfathered one instead. Sorry!

Other than that screw-up Eyries are done EXCEPT for:

Female split (could only find one in Google and she had a background)
Female Royalboy and male Royalgirl (those are going to be a pain in the rump)
Aurinona

Post by Aurinona »

I'm finding that Yahoo's search engine is doing better than google at locating neopets- there have been several pets that only gave me one or two results on google (both of which were, of course, unsuitable) but Yahoo gives me a few dozen. Got the female split Eyrie that way. :)

Shadow pets are all done. I'm about to finish Cloud and then I'll take a break, I feel like my eyes are starting to cross. XD
Fury

Post by Fury »

Some more random pets added!:

Males:
Plushie Pteri
Fire Pteri
Halloween Gelert
Mutant Shoyru
Mutant Mynci
Plushie Lenny
Baby Draik

Females:
Robot Buzz
Baby Kougra
Maraquan Korbat
Maraquan Pteri
Last edited by Fury on 17 Jan 2008 09:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Ooh, thanks Aurinona- that's a good tip. I was able to finish off white that way when Google only gave me useless results for a few pets.
Neopets wishlists: here
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Pets can now be viewed by selecting New Male or New Female from the dropdown. I'll add the other poses to the dropdown once I've worked out a better description for them.

(We're about two-thirds of the way through, yay!)
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Is there a good way to do this in IE? I was going to fill in a few more as a break at work, but we only have IE here, and there's no "copy image location" in IE as there is in Firefox.

Also, I found the URL of the converted male Plushie Eyrie: bgfsdov9. So that should replace the unconverted URL I accidentally uploaded when someone gets the chance. :-)
Aurinona

Post by Aurinona »

Whoops- I was going through rainbow pets and forgot about the missing Bruce bowtie until after I submitted a male Rainbow Bruce. Don't know if you want to remove it or not. (Also noticed that Rainbow Xweetoks are showing up in the search even though they're unreleased.)

Oh, and glowing Cybunnies keep breaking my computer. =P
EofS

Post by EofS »

Wingsrising wrote:Also, I found the URL of the converted male Plushie Eyrie: bgfsdov9. So that should replace the unconverted URL I accidentally uploaded when someone gets the chance. :-)
Done.

For IE, you can right click and choose properties. The URL for the image is in there. It's not so quick and easy, but it would still work. (Personally I'm using "show image" so I get just that loaded, then copying just the 8 letters).

I managed to get all skunks in. Also all camos except for a female techo - couldn't find one one google or yahoo which didn't have clothes on.

Also: "Currently, we have 1337 female images" I'm afraid the 1337th image was a herple yurble though. (I hadn't seen the new ghost yurble yet - it looks fabulously angry.)
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

EofS wrote: For IE, you can right click and choose properties. The URL for the image is in there. It's not so quick and easy, but it would still work. (Personally I'm using "show image" so I get just that loaded, then copying just the 8 letters).
When I choose properties, I get "http://images.neopets.com/blank.gif" as the address URL for all user lookup pet images, though. And the "show picture" menu option is blanked out.

Maybe IE just hates me.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Wingsrising wrote:When I choose properties, I get "http://images.neopets.com/blank.gif" as the address URL for all user lookup pet images, though. And the "show picture" menu option is blanked out.

Maybe IE just hates me.
Interesting. I just tested and I get the full url. http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml ... verchanges - and I know there's no funky coding in there to get in the way because it's my side account. I'm using IE7 fwiw.

(Also sorry for the confusing thing about "show image" - in IE that only shows up if the image hasn't loaded, and it just makes it load on that page. I was meaning that in Seamonkey that's what I'm using - it directly loads the image url in the tab.)
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Ah, that explains it. Well, not why I'm getting "blank.gif" as a URL, but it explains why I'm not getting the same thing you are: we still have IE 6 at work.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

It's because of IE6 being unable to handle png transparency normally, I'm guessing - I haven't access to IE6 and I forget the specifics, but the usual workaround in order to make IE5.5 and IE6 properly handle alpha transparency has something to do with blank gif images and javascript. Do the images have a transparent background? In IE6 otherwise they wouldn't.

Unfortunately, it makes image harvesting a bit difficult, unless you're willing to look at the page source.