(Old) Achievements and Tales of Woe

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Achievements and Tales of Woe

Post by AngharadTy »

My gallery is missing some of my bestest items!

That's because they moved. ^_^

Seeeee!

I have more sitting in my inventory, but it's going to have to go in over 12-hour shifts because I ran out of boxes. Haha. I got a lot of 1-slot uses! Sheesh, don't they know I have zombie stuff to put in there?!

It's really hard deciding on a minion. I have three "rejects" sitting in my inventory. Maybe I'll just swap them around sometimes, I dunno. I love them alllll!

Also, Jessi and FMD are SO FANTASTIC. Without them, I'd never have this little baby. They are really, really good friends, and I adore them. =D =D =D
Image Image
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Ty, you can get one of those Multi-compartment keepsake boxes with your 500 CSC. I bought that with mine. It gives you at least 10 spaces (and I think up to 15) at once. I got a second one off the shops for 4m. Price wise, it's only worth your instant gratification, but it is SO worth it. Tayamee got 14 spaces, Vaylynne got 11. I think both of them now at least have 35 spaces total.

Something else that was not really worth it:

I got a reborn Sheeta, his name is Caleroth, the site is brok'd, so I'll put the link up later.

Caleroth

Meet Caleroth! (He has an HA to match his appearence, but it keeps appearing as if there's a black backdrop instead of a blank white one. Anyone know why this is?)

He was 15m to morph, which also means I had to kick one of my 10 out. :\ (Haven't disowned a pet in almost 2 years. You really appreciate the lack of space you're given on Subeta as opposed to Neo.)

My bank account feels horribly violated right now. 13.5m is a royal ripoff for a reborn potion, not to mention sheeta elixirs weren't even over 100K the last time I morphed Tayamee. So, we went from 26m, all the way down to 3.5 for the elixir/potion, then a mega keepsake box, plus all my zombie stuff.
Last edited by Usul_Princess on 20 Feb 2009 06:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

AngharadTy wrote: Also, Jessi and FMD are SO FANTASTIC. Without them, I'd never have this little baby. They are really, really good friends, and I adore them. =D =D =D
Aww, Ty, -you- are fantastic! I'm glad you loved your gift and are enjoying your new pet xD I've been watching you with him since the second you got him (..even before that, since I made him for you xD) and his treasures are coming along wonderfully - yay, a home for all your zombie things!
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Usul_Princess wrote:Ty, you can get one of those Multi-compartment keepsake boxes with your 500 CSC. I bought that with mine. It gives you at least 10 spaces (and I think up to 15) at once. I got a second one off the shops for 4m. Price wise, it's only worth your instant gratification, but it is SO worth it. Tayamee got 14 spaces, Vaylynne got 11. I think both of them now at least have 35 spaces total.
While I haven't looked recently (I can't get Subeta to load at the moment or I'd check) I'm pretty sure you'd be better off buying a 1 Month GA medal or a Mysterious Costume Trunk, selling it, and then buying keepsake boxes off the Shop Wiz. Same instant gratification, cheaper unless keepsake boxes have started going to in excess of 500k sP (in which case I better head to the Millionaire Center and start reselling me some keepsake boxes.)
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Wingsrising wrote: Same instant gratification, cheaper unless keepsake boxes have started going to in excess of 500k sP (in which case I better head to the Millionaire Center and start reselling me some keepsake boxes.)
Crazyness. I just got one about a week and a half ago for 180K off the wiz. Normally I buy mine around the 200K mark, and if I'm just that impatient, I'll buy one for 300K. But 500K?!

I have 2 extra GA medals, and I just thought "Why not, this batch of CSC was free." GA medals are the best investment by far considering they're an ETS and they don't ever deflate beyond reason. I'm not sure if I want to sell mine yet. I might since I couldn't wait until the token shop restocked and just bought the reborn potion anyway. (Even though you should get there seconds after it restocks in order to get one for 700 tokens.)
ImageImage

Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Wings, I tend to agree with you. I did the math this morning for Ty in my head, and the multi compartment boxes go for roughly 6 mil in user shops; Magical Keepsake boxes average between 250-300k, it seems (though I've been able to grab them for cheaper several times, at about 200k or so). So you can, if you're -really- lucky and get 3 slots per box, spend about 1.2 mil and get the same slots you'd get from one of the multi-compartment boxes. Even on that note, if you not impossibly lucky and you get a mix of 1-3 slots, you still make off a lot better (unless you get ALL 1 slots.. but even then, you'd be spending 3 mil for 10 slots, not 6 mil).

Either way, it does seem like a better deal to buy something else with that 500 CSC, sell it (whether its a gold account medal or a MCT, which go for around 6 mil almost steadily) and buy regular keepsake boxes :3 You could actually buy more in the end for a lot more slots!
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I just checked and they appear to be going at 300-350k at the moment. So you could get 10 boxes (10-30 slots) for half the price of the multi compartment boxes (10-15 slots, apparently.)

1 month GAs, in particular, I've always found to be easy to sell. Costume trunks are also pretty easy (especially after a nice new set is released, when they tend to go for more, too.)

Or you could ask for volunteers to buy them and sell them to you at cost. :-) (I'm certainly not using the MC for anything at the moment.)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Well, if anyone wants to help out, I would certainly not turn down an at-cost exchange. *laughs* But I'm also really pleased with my pet so far, so it's not a big deal to wait a bit. Subeta's pretty unreliable at the moment, so I can't do much more than admire his lookup. ^_^;
Image Image
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

.....*does the math*, When I bought one (apparently 4m was a "steal", now that I see that they're 6m, I'm on par with not getting one anymore. I love the idea of them, but I don't think they're gonna sell at that price anyway. I see them deflating awfully fast in the future.)

But I just did 4m / the number of spaces I got from the one in the shop (14) and that came out to about 285K/space. So even if you wanted to be anal about it, buying gouged MC ones are still worth it because you're not just going to get one space all 14 times.
ImageImage

Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Huge achievement right:

Subeta now works on my mac!! Some of your may remember when I complained that Subeta just stopped loading on on my Mac for no apparent reason. Well, I loaded it up today and lo and behold, it appears to be working just fine :D
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

Achievement: I don't even know why I did it, but I finally got 100 bites the other day, and got 100 candy hearts yesterday for the achievements.

I must have been really bored. :x
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Usul_Princess wrote:I love the idea of them, but I don't think they're gonna sell at that price anyway. I see them deflating awfully fast in the future.
Well, it's not like they're a new cash shop item. They've been in the cash shop for months now, maybe even a year by this point, and they've always run about 6 million, more or less. Cash shop stuff that aren't donation presents either inflate or stay the same, rarely ever deflate. I doubt they're going to deflate any time soon, since they haven't budged in this long.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

When I buy these, I usually buy them for 5.5M. I don't use much MKB on my pets anymore. I usually go and buy these, as they may be slightly more expensive, but the result is less dissapointing.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Iggy wrote:When I buy these, I usually buy them for 5.5M. I don't use much MKB on my pets anymore. I usually go and buy these, as they may be slightly more expensive, but the result is less dissapointing.

*what she said* ^_^. I still love 'em, price savvy or not. Though 5m+ is asking for more than what it's worth. To each their own I guess.

I hadn't noticed these boxes existed even since CSC was started. *Shrug*
ImageImage

Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Well, to each their own of course xD I opened up 3 regular boxes yesterday for about 800k and got 7 slots, so I'm perfectly pleased :3