Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Laniv

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by Laniv »

I finally made it into the Caption Competition. Yet I still don't have my trophy. Oh well.
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

It take about 2-3 weeks before it gets to it. I was freaking out after 1 but I eventually got it
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

I'm almost done Laenane's lookup pic. Yay! Preview tiem!!
Spoiler: open/close
I'm so sick of painting feathers I could barf. *eyes bug out*
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Madge

Post by Madge »

How do you manage to draw like that, Lark? I'm guessing copious amounts of practice, which is about the only thing most of us aren't willing to do in order to get results as gorgeous as even your half-finished pics

/fangirl
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Wow, Lark, that is amazing. The part that boggles my brain is I'm seeing so few layers there. I think I'd go mad, switching out colors that often when drawing to get all those subtle color changes you have going on. Forget just practice, you have to have buckets of patience as well.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Thanks you guys! I love the wings but the rest is grating on me. *slashes red lines through it* *...hits undo*

I sketch pics like crazy (out of 50, at least one should turn out not to be completely deformed). Rrr! I guess that counts as practice :D

Re: layers, I have one base colour layer that was just for the big colours and some thick texturing, then I have one that's for finer details. But it's easy to switch colours! If you hit alt while you're on your paintbrush it brings you the eyedropper tool so you can just steal colours from the surrounding area and continue without clicking around in the colour selection thingy. That's how I got the gradient effect. I also put a larger, very low opac layer over everything and swoosh more colours around on it to even everything out... yes... end block paragraph on layers...

I suck like a (obscene simile here) when it comes to clean shiny pics w/ nice lineart though, everything I do is wobbly and uncertain, hence the lineless pics @_@ I stalk the Subeta threads to drool on their skills
Larkspurlane @ neo
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

*joins in the picture ogling*

Lark, you also have a knack for extreme detail, it isn't just talent that makes all of us jealous.

I won 1.1m off FC this month, I updated my gallery to a size 50! Its a very nice size, but my goal is a size 75 with the usuki section taking up 150 items alone. I addded a ton of food and book items from the pretty items thread.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Larkspurlane wrote:If you hit alt while you're on your paintbrush it brings you the eyedropper tool so you can just steal colours from the surrounding area and continue without clicking around in the colour selection thingy.
I did not know that. *files away in brain under "Useful."

Minor gripe woe for me. I finally got enough np for a draik morphing potion, but alas, the prices have jumped again by another 500k. Sure, it seems like a drop in the bucket compared to how much I have saved, but it took me a while and I'm out of stuff I can bear to take out of my closet and SDB to sell. I wanted to go big for my last pet, but this has ended up being bigger than I had first thought.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Wow Lark, that is intensely gorgeous. I am so excited to see the finished product! I adore your artwork.

Xelio I am also trying to save up for a draik. The finish line keeps on moving. I wish they would up the sloth random event or restock more eggs or something.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Thank you, Ailiel! :D I'm having issues deciding on whether to go all out & make her detailed shiny scales or not... if I decide to that's another many evenings I'll have to put into it. *sits on fence, gets wedgie*

I hate the draik/krawk inflation! Omg! I should have bought some transes at 10m each last May before I waltzed off on my hiatus. Ridiculous. Now I'm wondering if it would be smart to buy one or two right now before they hit 20m each? Would it? I'll need some eventually for trading for UCs. Rrr.

Does anyone know of well-named UC faerie peophins that might be up for trade? I'm looking but I'm not finding. Just thought I'd ask in case fellow pound chat lurkers might be aware of some. (Also looking to trade for a maraquan uni, if you've seen one UFT that has a nice name... yep...)
Larkspurlane @ neo
MeZergy

Post by MeZergy »

A while ago when neopets users were given the option to choose a classic or new neohome, I was like "FUCK THIS" and chose the classic neohome. After seeing what other people could do with the new style of neohomes, I regretted my decision so I sent a message to TNT asking if they would reset my decision. I don't think I ever got an e-mail back, but holy crap, they actually did it. I feel so happy! Now I can make an awesome neohome. :3 TNT is nice every once in a while.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Neo pulled its trick of eating all the mail in my inbox. Which wouldn't be so bad, except it was the account I use for my fostering mail. Somewhere down the line, I am going to be someone's "Foster parents just ignore all our hard work" story.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:Neo pulled its trick of eating all the mail in my inbox. Which wouldn't be so bad, except it was the account I use for my fostering mail. Somewhere down the line, I am going to be someone's "Foster parents just ignore all our hard work" story.
Put a note on your lookup explaining what happened and asking people to resubmit?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Kantark wrote:
Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:Neo pulled its trick of eating all the mail in my inbox. Which wouldn't be so bad, except it was the account I use for my fostering mail. Somewhere down the line, I am going to be someone's "Foster parents just ignore all our hard work" story.
Put a note on your lookup explaining what happened and asking people to resubmit?
Is what I've done, and one in my board signature too. So far I've got one.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I managed to beat AAA in Jumpin Gem Heist... but only because they've lowered AAA's score to 45000. It took me five tries to do it, I made sure to catch lots of extra stones to get the max stones bonus (which is worth more than the green gems, I think) and tried to hit two baskets at once, and at the end, to just keep throwing the stone up again and again even when there were gems still in the air.
Neopets wishlists: here