(Old) Revamped Items, Minions, Etc.

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Re: Revamped Items, Minions, Etc.

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I guess I'm the only one who actually likes what they did with the baby crocodile, then? :p I agree that the back legs look kind of funky, but I think its face is adorable. I wasn't a big fan of the original version, though, so take that for what you will.

The Baby Cthulhu seems to have lost some of its charm, and the neon highlights also bother me. I think Darko's art is better, but... it doesn't really feel like the same minion now. I'm going to miss the silly ninja cat.

ETA: Ooh, I love what Rah did to the face of that Kora. :D
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

I for one love the new darko, I was not a fan of the old one at all. Now I will have to put it on my wishlist. The other two I am not so sure about. I tend to waver between liking and disliking those them.

As far as the kora goes, definitely and improvement. I like how it doesn't look like it is puffing out its cheeks as much.
Image Image Image Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

She's the new NPC for the Candy Shack. I believe this is the first art on the site from The_Pie, who was recently added to staff. Not all that impressed with it. The face is strange, mainly the mouth. And she's got Floating Torso syndrome.
She's better then most of the NPCs granted, but I'm just not a fan of the NPCs in general so its hard to get excited over it.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Its not a human its a ghost!

Its pretty, though, feels lopsided, due to the hair being in curls on one side, and not the other.
Image Image
ImageImage
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I think it's a cute idea, but the execution seems a bit off. I agree that the mouth looks odd, and I think her arms are too thin in proportion to the rest of her body/head. I think it's one of the cuter NCP images, though.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I just wish they'd give the NPCs LEGS. Cut them off with a more exact line instead of having a floating body. Yeesh.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

She's so dorky looking, and therefor I approve of the overall design, but the details are a bit wonky.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Haha, aside from the legs issue, she's adorable. X3 Nice candy colors.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Well, I'm vaguely scared of her. She looks like she's planning to put razors in the candy.
Image Image
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

If The_Pie really did this one, I am surprised. She usually does amazing human art. This one is just , well, less than impressive. The mouth really bugs me and really...would it kill them to draw some legs for these people?
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

I may be the only one, but I prefer them without legs. I much prefer the "floating torso" to having the legs cut off. Now if they made the image smaller and included the whole legs that would be much better than either option.

As far as this particular shopkeeper, I like the face, it looks a lot like how I would imagine a kid with a lollypop would look like. I am not sure if I care for the hair however, it is just too curled. I think I would have preferred it if the curls were looser.
Image Image Image Image Image
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I'm with Ty on this one; she's totally putting rat poison in the fudge and razors in the taffy. Totally. *nods*

Since I'm here I suppose I'll allow that floating torsos don't trouble me, either. I think I actually prefer this to legs whacked off mid-thigh, although I doubt that would bother me enough to mention.

*ambivalent*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Damn, I want my Aeries to look more like this:

Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

That's pretty bitchin. The beak doesn't look terribly sharp, but it's awesome nonetheless.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

New Toy Shop shopkeeper:

Hehe, DORK!

Ok. So the main thing bugging me about this is that the belt buckle isn't centered... Who wears their belt like that? Also, it doesn't look like he's got a good grip on the toys he's holding.
Last edited by lavender on 25 Sep 2008 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}