Omen Island Celebration!

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Re: Omen Island Celebration!

Post by Joey »

Pretty awesome, putting the map pieces in the crystal shop. Let me get #3, which was hideously overpriced.

Soak me! http://www.subeta.net/soak.php?user=166931
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I just got back online, and wish I bought more water balloons earlier before they went up in price. Is there any reason to buy more expensive ones?
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Interesting.

I *think* this is how you soak me:

http://www.subeta.net/soak.php?user=157670
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

So far, I'm loving the npc's designs and style. And I'm all about island cuture and tribal flair. I'm not exactly thrilled about the face painting design choices. It probably doesn't help that the one I tried didn't work and left me with 5k short of trying again. Yes, I'm sp poor. So what? The trinket's are really nice and shiny. Huggles like shiny. The lady at Delphi beach is a little suspicious though. Either she's got a wicked rash, or she's not quite human.
Luxe

Post by Luxe »

The lady at Delphi beach is a little suspicious though. Either she's got a wicked rash, or she's not quite human.
This article might clear that up for you a little bit, Huggles. She's basically not quite human.
Elzaim

Post by Elzaim »

Sooo... maybe I've totally missed something, but do we HAVE to have the full uncharted land map to do anything in this event? I managed to get a trinket, but I can't do anything with it because I keep getting sent to pages with error messages or pages that say "You can't find this!" or "You're not allowed here!".

If that's the case, then this even blows. I'm not shelling out an absurd amount of sp for a map I will never use just so I can turn in trinkets for this event. None of the other events had and silly requirements like that. :(
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

You can throw water balloons without the map.
But yes, to turn in trinkets, you need the map.
Elzaim

Post by Elzaim »

Iggy wrote:You can throw water balloons without the map.
But yes, to turn in trinkets, you need the map.

Yeah, but throwing water balloons doesn't get me anything in return but a "splash" effect on my posts - and I don't post on the forums very much. How is this event fun if you don't have the one (super expensive thing) item that lets you get anything in return?

And no, I'm not going to spend rediculous amounts of sp on balloons to throw at people either just so I can get a minion or a book. I don't have much sp to begin with to spend it on stuff I'm never going to use (aka the map and balloons). So yeah... not that fun of an event. :/
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Personally, I think it's nice that people who HAVE spent the money on the map can do something with it besides vend and get hydrus quests, heh - I don't even own a hydrus pet anymore! I'm immensely enjoying this event, the trinkets are lovely and I'm finding a ton of them that are beautiful for my pets' treasures without even turning them in for anything else!
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Does the face paint no longer work for zombies? I keep on getting it but it's not showing up, and my other zombie friend's face paint has disappeared too.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

*grumbles* Mine is gone too (and I'm still a zombie).
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Wow, 64 events from you guys. XD

Just popped on to take a break from my homework (buh!), so does anyone know how many different tinkets there are? I don't have time to check the subeta forums (I'm hoping to get my project done before midnight, thank you very much XD). The one's you guys posted are very pretty. :D I hope this event goes on a while. It looks fun.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I check SubetaLodge for new items. They have all the trinkets listed that I've seen so far (and some that I haven't), so it's probably pretty up-to-date.

Hopefully this link works.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I was talking to Bon about the face paint and how I miss mine but I don't want to waste money trying to put it back.... She pointed out that her face paint moved below her hair layer. So it's probably layered beneath zombie-dom. Which is hopefully temporary. >.< I wish these effects could be visible in the wardrobe. My zombie skin is really hard to plan for sometimes. And it'd be nice to be able to move the face paint up or down as necessary. But mostly up above zombie skin!
Image Image
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Blargh, and the site's down again. I was almost done buying balloons.