Food Club

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: Food Club

Post by Wingsrising »

Hmm. Harpoon + Treasure Island are obvious choices. Which third and/or fourth arena should I go with?
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

I'd say Lagoon. All three could have upsets but as long as you cover Buck and Lucky, I think you'll be safe. I might make a safety on Ogletree as well but it's up to you
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

I went with Hidden Cove, Wingsrising. We shall see, I've got a minimum of 12:1, the best is 30:1.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

8:5, my Goo/Fed/Fran bet hit. Yay, it's a 10K + profit.

I took Gooblah all the way. Maybe I should've safetied Franch, but with Gooblah at +5 and a 70% chance of winning, I didn't feel the need to.

I went with Lagoon, Treasure Island, and Harpoon (well, I did one bet with Cove. Stripey with the 3 other 2:1s). Shipwreck is too close to call with both Dan and Tailhook at 2:1, so I left it out completely.

If anyone wants to compare bets, here are mine:
1.Buck/Gooblah/Ol Stripey/Fairfax (16:1)
2. Roo/Gooblah/Fairfax (52:1)
3. Sir Ed/Gooblah/Federismo (60:1)
4. Sir Ed/Gooblah/Fairfax (40:1)
5. Lucky/Gooblah/Federismo (18:1)
6. Lucky/Gooblah/Fairfax (12:1)
7. Buck/Gooblah/Orvinn (52:1)
8. Buck/Gooblah/Federismo (12:1)
9. Buck/Gooblah/Crossblades (52:1)
10. Roo/Gooblah/Federismo (78:1)
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

ashjklhdsj!!! AGH! I screwed up my safety! I didn't mean to add a multiplier to Pegleg Percival :x
I almost didn't post because there weren't enough safeties to make without getting an 8:10 result. The odds took a slight nosedive withing 30 mins after I placed them. If a 13:1 ruins us, it'll be Pegleg because he always wins when he has Spicy Wings in his arena. (Not to mention the hotfish.) He isn't a weak pirate, but cross all your fingers and toes that Gooblah will win this.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

ouch, what a blow. I didn't win anything but I'm sure Orvinn screwed up a lot of people. I thought for sure that if 13:1 won, it would've been Crossblades
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

><

I think maybe I should stop doing FC for a bit....I haven't won a thing for the past week and a half. That's a lot of wasted neopoints. =/
Image Image
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I got a 4:10. Tomorrow's a bad day too. What a dry run this past week. I don't even remember what was on the menu to cause Fatty to win. (Or, everyone else to lose to him)
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

52:1! Buck/Goo/Orvinn :)

I've been losing quite a bit this past week and a half (with the occasional small profit), and this more than makes up for it.

I don't know what to do about tomorrow. Buck looks to be tomorrow's most likely 2:1 winner, but you can never count out Gooblah. The odds have been changing a lot lately, so a bunch of the stronger 3:1s (Bonnie, Franch, Scurvy Dan, Tailhook) could easily go down to 2:1s.

I think I'll just make 5 bets. One on Goo/Buck/Sir Ed and then the other bets will be Lagoon/Harpoon only.
Taeyna

Post by Taeyna »

Turns out I probably should go back to following the petpages. I seem to lose money every time I try my own bets. >< (Then again it was Orvinn that screwed me up, and petpages I follow don't cover 13:1 pirates either)
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

Most people don't follow 13:1 competitors because it's usually unlikely that they'll win. Only the risk takers use them in bets and they score a huge profit somewhat rarely

Don't feel discouraged about losing. I've been on a losing streak the past couple of days and it sucks but I reckon I'm due for a win soon
Madge

Post by Madge »

Oh gambler's fallacy, I hardly knew ye.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Wow, Gumdrops, I am suitably impressed. Nice betting! You took a risk, it panned out, that's what the game is about. Nicely done!

I myself was left holding a 4:10. Sigh. It hasn't been a good few days for some of us, has it?

I'm waiting to see if the odds change tomorrow to place my bets.
Taeyna

Post by Taeyna »

Silver Link wrote:Most people don't follow 13:1 competitors because it's usually unlikely that they'll win. Only the risk takers use them in bets and they score a huge profit somewhat rarely

Don't feel discouraged about losing. I've been on a losing streak the past couple of days and it sucks but I reckon I'm due for a win soon
I know, and in the end I'm still in the green but it just makes me flinch every time I lose ~45k. (I'm a miser when it comes to nps :P )
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

Taeyna wrote:
Silver Link wrote:Most people don't follow 13:1 competitors because it's usually unlikely that they'll win. Only the risk takers use them in bets and they score a huge profit somewhat rarely

I know, and in the end I'm still in the green but it just makes me flinch every time I lose ~45k. (I'm a miser when it comes to nps :P )
I'm the same way - stingy to the end. However, it seems betting has become something of an addiction to me. I have to watch myself while playing the slots games