Gamesmaster Daily Dare

Post anything new on Neopets here.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

For Freaky Factory, to give yourself a nice start on the first few levels ignore the color you need for the first toy, and fill the other two vats completely...then fill up the other. That way you'll hopefully get a nice string of toys on the belt, which gives you bonus points. For those first few levels you don't actually need all the time on the clock, so you can waste some filling those vats.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Very ugly prices for today. I've beaten AAA before coming here and was very disappointed to see what I was awarded. Abigail's prize isn't much better either. I wish they went with blob themed items instead.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

What kind of item are the thieving tools?
LΟL
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

The payoff for this game is terrible. I scored 230-something points and only got 100-something NP in return. On a double points day. :?
zebru

Post by zebru »

rebelheart wrote:What kind of item are the thieving tools?
Just a toy. I thought it was a weapon when I saw them but apparently not.
Image Image
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Yeah, they definitely should have gone the blob route with the prizes. I beat AAA pretty easily (my high score is over 1300, though it's been a while since I'd played last), but it's such a disappointing prize...
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

Another day, another 'Oh fuck I forgot to do the Daily Dare but fuck I'm exhausted.'

Hence how I ended up playing FF using an ancient mouse on a snazzy laptop while using another laptop as a mousepad. (Take THAT Apple!)

I used to rock at this, but this mouse outright doesn't work. Sometimes it won't move and that damn Grundo kept taking my Poogle toys. What a dick. I hate that guy! No wonder his girlfriend broke up with him.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Grr. Again with the damned Last Mimzy!

The Last Mimzy Investi-Catch

AAA-200 toy detective kit

Abi-50 Green magnifying glass

Ugga Smash
AAA-450 Ugga marble shield

Abi-125 Ugga repair wrench
klaatu99

Post by klaatu99 »

Yay for sponsor games! This way I have three prizes that I can't win that I have to buy rather than just one. Way to go TNT, good job. :|
ImageImageImageImageImage
Feed Us Please!

KlaatuWolf on Subeta
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Bleurgh. Well, I did beat AAA at Ugga Smash but it was a lot harder than getting the score you need for AAA at that sponsor game. Sure, it's a stupid game but it is an easy stupid game. Ugga Smash is a hard stupid game because a lot of it is just chance. If the grarrl pops up right next to you there's a good chance you'll die pretty swiftly.

If anyone needs any tips for Ugga Smash, then mostly what I learned through practice is to hit the other cars lots. That's about it. Don't bother with powerups too much, they take away from the time you could be hitting. Especially avoid the lumps of meat and the lava oil slicks- if you go for one of them and the grarrl comes onscreen then you'll be struggling to control your car and won't be able to avoid him. The rock shields are fine, but not always worth the time it takes to go and get them. The bones are good if you're low on health but don't fuss too much about them if you aren't. If you're feeling especially mean you can try and shove the other cars onto the grarrl but my preferred tactic to deal with him is just to run away. Remember though that even if the barriers are up (stopping you running through one side of the screen to the other) the grarrl still can run through.

As for the sponsor game, there's a petpage guide here: http://petpages.neopets.com/~Calvin_Coolidge which lists which toys are ones to catch and which ones you should toss.
Neopets wishlists: here
zebru

Post by zebru »

I didn't mind US users getting a sponsor game on the day the rest of us had Whack a Kass - but here it's pretty damn unfair.

Beating AAA on Ugga Smash took me at least an hour of practice. I second what Daisy said - don't bother with the damage you are receiving (especially in first two levels) just concentrate to hit other cars as much as you can. It took me as long as it did because I was very prudent at first trying to receive as little damage as possible, which had a downside of dealing very little damage in the process. Also playing with low resolution and large screen helped a lot.
Image Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

As someone who hates Ugga Smash, I was relieved to get the sponsor game, but I agree it's unfair.

Not surprising, though, since the movie was released today (to generally unfavorable reviews, I think.)
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Oooh. I'm excited about the sponsor game for today, because Zaphod needs more items for his detective gallery. Awesome.
zebru

Post by zebru »

Snowball Fight

AAA 500 - Snowy Stone Wall

Abigail 150 - Cozy Red Snow Jumper

I used to play this daily when I started neopets so no problem with AAA. Both prizes get my approval in visual department *nods*
Image Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

For anyone who doesn't know, there are no time limitations on the game. So, if you start running low on snowballs, just keep waiting for polarchucks until you've gotten your snowballs built up again.