Altador Cup 2007

Post anything new on Neopets here.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

I've had games go unrecorded fairly recently, too, which is a bit of a shame when I only have 20 recorded wins.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

jessibean wrote:
Kamil wrote:Has anyone had problems with some of their games not being added into their total? I played for almost two hours off and on yesterday - and I only ended up with fifteen more added to my overall total when I woke up today.

That can't be right - but I don't quite know what to do about it, as there's no real way to keep track of your totals, other than by hand or in your head.

Two. Hours. ≠ fifteen games.

X.X
did you send in all the results for those games, though? It might have been fifteen and you just don't realize it xD Sometimes when I play off and on for a few hours I'll only submit 10 scores or so - i feel like I've played for ages and haven't at all.
No, I'm sure I sent all of them. I was doing nothing but playing during that time. I'd play continuously for twenty or thirty minutes at a stretch, get up and get something to drink or whatever, then sit back down and do it all over again - for the better part of last evening. I started at around 6:30pm and didn't stop until just before 9:00pm - and I know I sent them as I was constantly playing on the same screen.

I've also wondered if it had anything to do with the fact I was F11'ing the game screen so it'd be as big as possible; maybe that made the 'send score' area be confused with the 'new game' command? Is such a thing possible?

*confused*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

adi_gallia wrote:I didn't understand it, it didn't really tell me what positions anyone was in, except that they were the top 4. But it's probably down to me misreading.

Why are Roo Island called scrappy? We can't be that bad :x I guess Darigan is in the lead according to them as they are still 'the favourite', either that or TNT just happens to be ignoring that as we are in the lead and they still say Darigan is favourite.
They named the teams in place order, as far as I can tell.

1. RI
2. DC
3. KI
4. LD
5. MI

That was before yesterday's results, though.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Kamil, I heard something around the Neoboards about some scores not sending, I don't know exactly the cause or solution to the problem though, I just remember seeing a board saying something like. "I closed my window and opened it and it worked" but others said it didn't work for them, so I don't know.

I know what does annoy me, when I play, sometimes I will find myself to be logged out after sending some scores. So I may play a set of 10 MSN games or 5 YYB games, but when I go back to my Neoboard tab and refresh I am logged out, meaning the past 5 or 10 games I played may have been a complete waste of my time. I don't have a clue why I get logged out though, I only log on on one PC and I don't share a PC with checkers or my other siblings. The only offsite Neopet sites I use are AvatarLog, IDB, SunnyNeo, Neocolours and JellyNeo. I trust all of them to be safe.

I will try and find out about the YYB issue though. I think it's a general fault though.

ETA: These are a few opinions from the Neoboards:
Plus, i hear sometimes there are 'lost' scores, so you should every now and then relaunch your game window
I think it's because the window needs to be refreshed every hour and people are leaving them open for like 5 hours straight. Try refreshing every half hour to be safe and see if that helps you not have any missing games tomorrow.
try closing the window and reopening it every few games.
Well, that's pretty conclusive to me. Something about the game window means that it wont accept scores after being open for a long time, meh I don't know why.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

I noticed that if I play close to midnight NST, scores aren't sending. Whenever I send a score, I look at the status bar thingie at the bottom of the window to make sure it's connecting to neopets.com and actually sending, and around midnight it doesn't. I noticed that in some world challenges, too -- if it's close to the end of an hour, sometimes scores won't go through.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Thanks, guys, I'm sure that was it. I had the same window open for close to four hours, probably, so I'm sure that's why most of the scores didn't send.

So, close and reopen every four games it is. ^^
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
EofS

Post by EofS »

I'm not sure how much faith I'd put in the window reopening theory I'm afraid. I mean, it's not going to hurt to try obviously. But thanks to my compulsion to stick to my pattern of gameplay and the fact that I posted my stats on Tuesday, I can tell you that I have no had a result dropped since Tuesday. And I keep my game window open for hours and hours and hours, because it can take me a long time to motivate myself to play 25 games.

It could still be a factor obviously, but it cannot be the only one alas.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I am at 1249 wins after yesterday.

And, I'm being really disgruntled. Neoboards Roo Island players are becoming way too overconfident (I know it doesn't apply to everyone, but still) and I doubt than if we keep that way, we'll still be in top 4.

I really wish they would actually shut up, instead of bragging about their rank 3 trophy.
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

I thought the whole thing would be over by now. We're playing everyone again?
LΟL
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

rebelheart wrote:I thought the whole thing would be over by now. We're playing everyone again?
Yes, it's a double round-robin.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

The double round robin sucks. I'm so tired of yooyuball by this point that I have to force myself to play an hour per day and I just end up swearing at the screen all the time. I would stop, but if there are good top prizes, I want them, so. Bleh. Also, everybody on the Altador Cup neoboard annoys me, whether they're overconfident, arrogant jerks from any team, whiners making up excuses for why their team lost, annoying gloaters, and especially people bitching about how they know it's all rigged. I go there as little as possible -- I just like to check the unofficial standings after the results come out.
sureq

Post by sureq »

I went with darigan this year, last year I went with krawk island and then darigan for the final, but this year after being so upset with krawks I turned to darigan (and the fact that 3 of the 4 pets on my new main are darigan).

I havent really had time to play (just moved house) but I read over the team descriptions and that is one sexy bad ass gelert.

If I was a neopet I know who I'd be out stalking right about now >_>

And heh, five minutes in a remember how much I smell at this game.
ImageImage
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

Just broke 210 games :P

Is it just me or is the computer ridiculously hard today? The goalie has been moving as though I've already scored 9 points after my first goal.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
uberstav

Post by uberstav »

Biggest shock from yesterday's games! Roo Island losing all 3 games of theirs to Shenkuu! Wow...I'm really surprised :shock:
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

So... what are the current standings? I'm aware Jellyneo has a page, but I don't trust that it's unbiased.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image