Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by Jessi »

Adi, I'm not sure where you heard they clear accounts over 2 years... its more like accounts over 5 or 6 years. I've never seen an account that 'young' be cleared.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

The ray is fired at Ocy...
... and he changes colour to Grape!!

Hehe! Ocy's all tiny now! :mrgreen:
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

That colour totally matches his name IMO! It so small and cute an circular! :D

I went to look him like "o what a cutie pie"... and then I saw his stats. O_O Holy shit, that grape is a power player.

Today's achievement is me messing up a mouseover code and unintentionally giving my pets custom backgrounds on my UL: http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml ... rkspurlane I think the effect is kinda cool, when you get over the... weirdness of it... I like the SURPRISE!!1 portraits that pop up. I might fade out the pics so they match the main BG colour more. I might fix it so it works like it's supposed to (portraits only on mouseover). I might let laziness win out and have bizarrely attired pets with giant heads behind them...

EDIT: I have a long and sad story to tell. SPOILERED FOR EXCESSIVE DISPLAY OF STUPID
Spoiler: open/close
Ok so 3 days ago I decided to really go for the Hon Booktastic award for Poseidyn. I've been collecting the books slowly but I decided to actually get the damn thing. So I spent idk how many mils on those stupid books, stalked trades, spammed galleries, raked up my book count. I thought that to get the honorary badge you had to actually get onto the table -- http://www.neopets.com/moon/book_award.phtml ?? I mean it looks to me like if you read 102+ you get the bronze, but if you read 101, well, you must get the hon. badge. 'cuz there's no medal for that. So I figured I needed to read 101 to him to get the badge.

Well I'm a giant imbecile because at the top of the high score table there are these links. And one of those links is "top 200". And http://www.neopets.com/moon/book_award.phtml?limit=200 my friggin pet is already there... in 116th place.

You only have to read 93 to be in the top 200 and get the badge. I read 98. 98!! And had another 5m worth waiting to be read that I almost read to Poseidyn tonight to bop him up to 100 under the wild delusion that 101 was the magical number. ANd I was about to buy the goddamn Neocola Machine book at 12m and read it too, super happy that I had haggled it down from 15m, and then finally, 20m in books later, I would have the badge.

Thankfully someone I'd mailed about a price pointed out that... HELLO? Poseidyn already had the badge. Excuse me, WHAT? I go to my lookup wondering if this moron was getting the hon. badge confused with a BC trophy. But no, it turns out I'M the moron, the biggest one in the universe, in fact! I must have had that badge for days and I didn't even notice. HOLY CRAP.

Image this little 50x50 pixel thing has caused me so. much. grief.

That is all.
So anyway, can I interest anyone in The Big Book of Intermediate Evil Plots or Kreludan Cookie Cookbook? I know I'm not the only one who enjoys spending multimills on utterly useless crap.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Hahah, Lark, that's a nifty effect! I'd put a border around the images though if you decide to keep them not only on mouseover, so they'll match the other images, because I can be a perfectionist like that. If you want help with the coding, let me know! :D

I don't want to know how much those five extra books cost you if just five is enough to cause you that kind of grief. At least it got pointed out to you before reading the other multi-millions of points books.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Omg, yes! I would love that! Tell me what I must do! :D Can it just be coded in or should I add the border to the pics themselves in PS? *obtuse*

I don't want to think of what the extras cost me @_@ I'm just flabbergasted at my own idiocy. It never ever occurred to me that the table extended beyond those ~20 names on the first page. God. I would've been well on my way to a medal with 101 read, which was totally not the point of this exercise. OTL
Larkspurlane @ neo
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Mini-Achievement: I finally got around to making the Neopets blog I always said I would. Shame I can't link to it from the site itself, though.

Woe: My fostering seems to have ground to a halt. My labs appear to be stuck, and while a few people have expressed interest in my pets, the only request I've had in more than a month was from someone who wanted my Chomby as her pet's "mate"... creepy, and against the rules.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Veterans snarkibus. That is made of win. The story however, is not. Sadly I've seen way too much of that stuff myself.

On a side note, I could have sworn I saw your moltres in your signature blinked when I was turning my head. I don't want to say how much time I've spent watching that bird to see if he'd do it again. He hasn't. I don't think he ever blinked at all in the first place. I must be loosing what's left of my mind.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Hehe, thanks Lark - Ocy is unusually tough for a grape :) Still working on his defence, that stat is moving mighty slow.

I think the backgrounds for profile images + the hover over effect are stunning. Particularly on your royal peophins.

I join a lab ray zappers guild on a whim yesterday. I'm not really a guild type but they had a nice dreampets petpage and I was too lazy to bookmark it...
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
EofS

Post by EofS »

Xelio wrote:On a side note, I could have sworn I saw your moltres in your signature blinked when I was turning my head. I don't want to say how much time I've spent watching that bird to see if he'd do it again. He hasn't. I don't think he ever blinked at all in the first place. I must be loosing what's left of my mind.
It's a png, so I think you're probably going crazy ;0)
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

Grats to Lark on another Petpet Spotlight. I recognized your art as soon as I saw it

Are you going to try to get the spotlight for all of your petpets?
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

thank you! That's some misc pic that was originally for one of the random contests (petpet magazine or something) and didn't get in. Haha. Might as well reuse it. :D

For all of my petpets, hmm... probably not due to laziness! I just thought Glym's lookup looked a bit bereft of trophies so I wanted to get him that one. Laenane my UC Grarrl is probably next because she hasn't got ANY trophies yet and I've had her for like a year. Oi. She's getting entered in the BC next week.

Incidentally I'm glad I didn't enter BC this week with that joke stick figure Grarrl that'll prolly win 5th overall or something. It's funny for the first three seconds, but also I feel for the people who entered real pics and will get beaten by that piece of shit.

Edit: well, he didn't get 5th overall, but still beat a really nice pic to get first in species. Yuck.

If anyone would care to vote, I would appreciate it... so would the vaguely optimistic pink dragon :D http://www.neopets.com/beauty/details.phtml?pet=Laenane
Larkspurlane @ neo
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Seriously, Neo? *headdesk*

On a brighter note, I've been meaning to congratulate you for a while now, Larkspur; your art is amazingly wonderful and incredible and stuffs.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

:D Thank you, Kamil! /blush

That completely sucks on the TYS? I've gotten better prizes at the "pathetic utter weaklingtard" level. o_O

26/02/2010: 300 pageviews
27/02/2010: 120 pageviews

things are looking good on Laenane's petpage. I know it's not accurate as to vote count but it's good to see this many visitors!

ETA
I don't Like the Zombie Or hobo
From the zaf thread. I... I'm breathless with laughter. So much win.

I WANT A HOBO PAINTBRUSH HOLY CRAP
Last edited by Larkspurlane on 28 Feb 2010 03:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larkspurlane @ neo
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Ugh, Kamil, I keep getting that too. Octornapies are not worth 40 points. By the way, when he says "I've oiled the machine, it should be easy to beat", is it actually easier? It seems to be, but I'm not sure if that's just a sort of placebo effect (ie, I expect it to be easy so I remember it hitting higher more often).
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yeah, i saw that too, Larkspurlane! I can recognize your art style anywhere. :)