(Old) Achievements and Tales of Woe

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Re: Achievements and Tales of Woe

Post by Mayhem »

As it turns out, the Beep was likely glitched and did indeed go in my wardrobe, but it wasn't searchable. I opened a ticket about it and got a response overnight. Woot!

Apparently this is (or was) an issue, so if you're missing your Beep, open up a trouble ticket about it and they'll fix it for you! :)
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I got a few expensive achievements out of the way finally. I got to one hundred treasure spots with Orotha; had my pets finally come out of the lodge (and why isn't there a way to remove them prematurely, if one so chooses?) and so was able to get the eat/play with a r99 item achievements, and then, of course, forgot about the black candy achievement and stuck them all back in to board. >.<

I autogot all of the restocking achievements, once I figured out I had to go stock one more item to trigger them. xD

So yay for those out of the way.

One thing though: I really enjoy doing treasures, and would work harder on all of my pets (thereby either removing sp from the system via the MC or adding cash via the CS - both, theoretically, good things =) if only there were a 'view as guest' feature for the pets the way there is with Neo's galleries. As it stands now, I can't enjoy the way it looks because of the ugly-ass 'remove item' button beneath each and every item.

Icky. Do not want.

Make it go away? *makes hopeful eyes at anyone who might be able to help with that*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I have tried numerous tricks and failed every time. That was months ago; maybe someone's changed, and certainly there are smarter people to try. I'll try again, maybe magic happens. But they don't have a class of their own and I vaguely recall that they're kind of nestled within things that do have classes so you can't just turn them off so easily.

Obviously, I've tried because I agree SO DAMN MUCH. It's reallllly annoying to have that link on every single item. One thing you can do is look at the page in a different browser where you're not logged in (I have to go through my profile, otherwise it tells me to log in).
Image Image
sezrin

Post by sezrin »

"Its that time! Sabastian Phoenix is collecting taxes from the public, and took 5% from your onhand sP, which is 1,718,790sP :(! "

Ahhh! so thats why people use a bank...
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Achievawoe: The other day, I got a Chibi Potion.. but the Wyllop Potions are pretty expensive right now, so I have to start saving up again. C'est la vie.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Kamil
Not the nice one

Post by Kamil »

AngharadTy wrote:I have tried numerous tricks and failed every time. That was months ago; maybe someone's changed, and certainly there are smarter people to try. I'll try again, maybe magic happens. But they don't have a class of their own and I vaguely recall that they're kind of nestled within things that do have classes so you can't just turn them off so easily.

Obviously, I've tried because I agree SO DAMN MUCH. It's reallllly annoying to have that link on every single item. One thing you can do is look at the page in a different browser where you're not logged in (I have to go through my profile, otherwise it tells me to log in).
Ah crap, Ty, I didn't mean you guys. :...: Unless, of course, one of you guys can nuke those - in which case, please, don't let me stop you from sharing. =D

And thank you for the other browser idea; I sat and stared at treasures for a far-too-long period of time right after I read that. I feel stupid for not thinking of it myself. x.x

Mostly I was hoping that someone official might stumble over the post and think to themselves that a new way to take sp out and add cash in by simply adding a bit of new coding could only be a good thing, and then might go forth and make it so. ^^

I made a post on the suggestions thingee, but there are so many to go over, I have no idea if it'll ever even be seen, let alone seen by someone who can or will act on it. So I said something here, where hopefully it'll at least be seen and thought about. *crosses fingers*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Well, I didn't take it as an order or anything--don't worry. It made me remember being so frustrated in trying to turn it off before and failing. I double-checked today and... um, solved it within a few minutes. I'm pretty sure nothing's changed, but somehow today is magic? Or my brain works better after camping trips?

Whatever the reason (which probably centers around me being dense), here's the code--just plop it at the end of whatever css you might already have:

Code: Select all

.treasure_chest a:link { display: none; }
(That works for all my pets--I guess I dunno if it matters if the link is labeled as visited, but I don't think so, but I'm pretty dense about pseudoclasses sometimes, har.)
Image Image
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

That is awesome! That's the thing I've always found the most irritating about my pets' treasures. Thank you! I'm going to snag that to fix all my pages right now.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Thanks, Ty =D I'll go and add that now, it's always annoyed me.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I did some pet switching around again. Once I get a job I'm so saving up to get one of the pet slot plushies, it will save me from having to do this. ^-^' Luckly I wasn't really attatched to the pet I got rid of, just the colour. Bloodred endeavor is one of my favorite colours on the site. So it was a little hard to let go. I just don't have a charater it fits. It didn't really fit the charater I had it on but I just wanted it to badly to care. But enough of my yammering.

My newest pet is .Melody.. He's based on another of my horse characters that can take human form. He's kinda the twin of one of my wife's characters (sorta long story). I am aiming to zap him into a glade. I know, kora isn't a horse but I love the glade kora so much and the personality fits him so perfectly! Anywho, I figure it would be cheaper then buying the potion right now. That is unless it drops over the time I'm trying to zap. If that becomes the case then I'll just buy it. ^-^' But till then, I'm zapping.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Achievawoe:

Euclid aims the laser at Trogan and it fires! Trogan changes into a Glade Paralix

Ummm, well, he was eventually supposed to turn into an Experiment #893...but if anyone's dying for a Glade Paralix, please contact me. I guess it's Undecided's turn.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Achievement!
You have been awarded the Dacenter Scientist Achievement!
*snorts* Yeah, they don't need an editor. At all. I totally don't have a text file just full of problems like this.
Image Image
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Haha, at least they spelt scientist correctly. :P I'm impressed.
Subeta: Thomas
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Bah. After gambling on a 250k item, figuring I'd make up the money--I'm only on level 32 or something--I lost item hunt because of a normal clothing item in shops for 930k. What is up with the Jumbo Forest Green Back Ribbon? Because I don't think it's not shenanigans.
Image Image
Kamil
Not the nice one

Post by Kamil »

Dunno what's up with it, Ty, but if you're still not out of time, I've got one in my wardrobe I'd be glad for you to turn in. I can always get another one when the price comes back down to a reasonable amount.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.