Possible New Serpenth - Revamp now complete

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Fury From Above

Re: Possible New Serpenth

Post by Fury From Above »

Overall I think it's a vast improvement from the old Serpenth, I've always wanted to see a revamp of them. However I think the lineart is too thin compared to the other pets and the Nuclear Serpenth's wings look a little dirty due to the shading colors.

I don't think the wing size is something to fuss over, take a look at the Dragarth and Montre and especially in a fantasy world. But I do prefer the design I saw on the second page of this thread, especially the pose and how graceful the wings look.
Sarivonne

Re: Possible New Serpenth

Post by Sarivonne »

Sayle wrote:
Sarivonne wrote:I also have a bit of a hard time determining where it's tail is going. It suddenly dips I suppose.
There's no sudden dip, actually; the body is curled behind the wing. It's too bad we can't see it.

Oh, okay! I think I can see it that way now.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: Possible New Serpenth - Revamp now complete

Post by Wingsrising »

Anyone have a copy of the polled version?
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

ImageImage
Polled - New
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

"Those wings are too big! I bet it could even fly! Ugh! Make them half the size and incapable of flight! That will look muuuuuch better."
Image Image
Luxe

Post by Luxe »

That's essentially what the users requested in the news comments when it was polled, though. D: Do we go with logic or feedback?
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Yea. I think I liked the polled version's wings better. Maybe something between the two sizes wouldve been best...one without the back one looking like a tiny lump
Image Image
ImageImage
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Luxe wrote:That's essentially what the users requested in the news comments when it was polled, though. D: Do we go with logic or feedback?
I personally would have gone with another poll. This is such a drastic change from the original serpenth, I'm really shocked it was only polled once, and not again after these changes were made. It's just so... drastic from the rest of Subeta's art, I find it shocking that was never discussed.
Sarivonne

Post by Sarivonne »

I figured they are decorative wings, like the Montre's. They have no logical purpose other than to be more than a snake/wolf. The line art is also a little better in the new one as the first one had even more extremes. But it still really bothers me, especially when I look at line art of the recently done pets. I do, however, like that the markings are more visible.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Luxe wrote:That's essentially what the users requested in the news comments when it was polled, though. D: Do we go with logic or feedback?
The fact that most users wanted smaller wings doesn't mean *I* have to want smaller wings, though. ;-)

Personally I actually do think the wings in version 1 are a little big. I think I would have gone for something in between the two versions.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I think the wings in the original were too... loose; feathers coming off, splaying out, etc. The new wings are much too small.

I also have a hard time accepting wings as "decorative" when they're clearly designed with flight feathers.
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I don't like it at all now, and it's not the wings. Maybe it's because I've started playing WoW again. After seeing so many flying serpents with leathery wings and scaled crests, the hair and feathers don't work for me anymore. I don't particularly care that I don't like it anymore, but hey,there it is.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

We are so hard to please lol! I see it as an improvement. I don't really like how the hair and wings are the same color on some and different on others.
Image Image Image
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

I'd prefer if they hair matched the color of wings. I also think the wings are a tad too small, but it's not enough to completely turn me off.

All in all, not terrible and a vast improvement.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Fury From Above

Post by Fury From Above »

I like the one to the left better, wing size is not an issue for me; and as an artist I like to use them purely for decorative purposes; I even use tails and extra arms for decorative purposes too. But I understand that for others it's like a stain on a wall. Though understand that not even the common Larisius could fly with it's wings.

It's a Subetapet, not a biology textbook illustration.

But I like it better because the wings look more graceful and fluffy; and the brown is a lighter shade. Though personally I would have preffered something more like the Spectrum Serpenth.