Daily Dare!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Re: Daily Dare!

Post by Tom »

Oooh thanks muchly. :D I was about to challenge Abi for Kou-Jong yesterday (after seeing my measly score) before procrastinating and coming here - and your post saved me from a misstep. I managed to beat AAA on FCR and Kookia without too much trouble (for Kookia, just play on hard, shouldn't take more than a couple of times to get the score) but... Kou-Jong. I played for over an hour last night, but needed to go to bed so ended up with a score of 749. Going to try again for a bit today and keep my fingers crossed.
Subeta: Thomas
Rah

Post by Rah »

Man, why are the prizes always sucky on the games I'm good at?! I am so never going to use Kookith string lights xD
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Yay! Managed to beat AAA at Kou-Jong. Countless hours spent playing on train journeys seems to have paid off - ended up with a nice score of 904. :P With part of me wishing the score was actually 900 and I could sell the boots and become a millionaire. Alas. I'm also happy to be 9/9. :D
Subeta: Thomas
EofS

Post by EofS »

If you're worrying about Hannah and the Kreludor Caves, I used this guide when I was stuck on that rocket boot level... then realised it was easiest just to play level 3 a few times. I was getting about 2100 points for each completion of level 3, so it didn't take too long. The guide explains what to do.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

You can do levels double????

Thank you so much for that page EofS, that helped a lot. I'm not sure how, but I did manage to get past level 4 once today (before I knew level 3 was all I needed.)
I've had enough of this damn rabbit for one day, but maybe, maybe! I will try to finish all the levels tomorrow. I only have 2 to go now...
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I'm still stuck on Kau-Jong. It's such a frustrating game! I nearly got 300 on first hard level this morning bu of course the last two tiles on the board were on top of each other.
I'm not sure why I'm trying to keep it all AAA since I'll be away from internet for last week of march and maybe have a day to play the ones I missed.

EDIT: Ah, the sweet law of public bitching! Just did it with a a total of 870 points. Somehow managed 300 in both first two rounds right after making this post.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I didn't even notice the Hannah one was a team challenge until I checked Jellyneo to see what the prizes were. I was going to be lazy and challenge Abi until I saw that. I ended up playing level three a whole bunch of times instead. Boring.

And today is a double dare? Stupid Hasee Bounce? Ugh.

Edit: Well, it only took half an hour, heh. I ended up with a score of 268. The "doughnutfruit" code to reset the timer is a lifesaver... I just typed all but the final "t" at the very start and then hit it when I needed time.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Thanks for the time code, Cranberry, that really helped. Took three tries, one of which ended at a very depressing 224 points.
derp
Rah

Post by Rah »

Man, the first time I played I didn't know anything about the game or cheat codes or that you could move the hasees from side to side or anything, and got 178 points. Then I read a strategy guide and realised I'd been hella lucky xD (I got the fish doughnut and the dude that gives you 42 points and a special doughnut every other doughnut for some reason)

Just took me about half an hour of restarts to suddenly go from 150 pts to 320. I think luck is a big part of this one as to what bonus fruits you get!
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

i have to find another computer to play the Hannah one on it is now added to the list of games that will not load right for me and i tried 3 different browsers as well as making sure shockwave,java, and flash are all up to date.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Given that I don't have time until this evening to do anything, and have never played Habitarium, can our Habitarium playing friends please advise if I have a hope in hell of getting even Abi's score, nevermind AAA's?
Faun

Post by Faun »

For some strange reason I decided to challenge AAA on Hannah. I don't even have a down button, so I can't do it.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
EofS

Post by EofS »

You could do the method I linked to above, where you play one level loads of times. Level 3 wouldn't be ideal as you'd have to jump over the baddie, but you could do one of the earlier ones (I think they don't require down?) a loooooad of times. Or maybe try onscreen keyboard just for the down key requiring part?

(How do you not have a down key, out of curiosity?)
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Oh, I can see how habituarium could become an addiction, the little structures are adorable! I'm currently at level 3. I'll go find some earlier discussion about it to hunt down some tips :)
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Saw the DD page this morning and totally did a double take, then kind of chucked knowing that I'd already beaten AAA. I guess this is TNT's way to try to get everyone hooked, like when they gave out a decent stash of wearable items with the first Advent Calendar after customization hit. It is a cute and fun little game though.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets