Food Club

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Usul_Princess

Re: Food Club

Post by Usul_Princess »

Cranberry, I was getting ready to make an addict joke when I looked at my own number of bets.

I've made almost exactly 50% of what you've accomplished, and I only started in 2008.

Bets Placed

Bet Total Win

Total Difference
10453310 NP

+NP 7483600
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Haha! I started in May '06. I used to make a lot more bets than I do now, though. Now I'll forget some days, or get lazy and make only one or two bets. I rarely lose NP, but most days I just come out a little bit ahead (or break even if there's only one good race).
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I can't wrap my mind around tomorrow's odds, so I made 5 bizarre, guaranteed to fail bets.

Apparently I like throwing away money. lol
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

God, I think I'm going to strangle someone. What a run of bad luck I've been having lately
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

It seems a lot of people have been on a bad luck streak...hopefully it picks up again soon. I have a hard time *not* betting, so I'm just digging myself deeper each day. ><
Image Image
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Mistress Morbid wrote:It seems a lot of people have been on a bad luck streak...hopefully it picks up again soon. I have a hard time *not* betting, so I'm just digging myself deeper each day. ><

You know, looking at these posts it seems like we have to make bets for a living. We could play action games with no chance of losing....but that requires entirely too much effort for so little NP. Why use effort when we can put 40-60K on the line daily at the risk of winning nothing at all? :D
Last edited by Usul_Princess on 15 Aug 2009 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Mistress Morbid

I know, damn gambling and the addictiveness of it....
Image Image
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I make way more from the stock market and World Challenges (selling the pieces) than I do from Food Club, though. Those years of Food Club profits sure didn't pay for my Leaded Elemental Vial. :P
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

How do you do World Challenges anyway?
Taeyna

Post by Taeyna »

If I was the FC official, I'd be drug testing Sir Ed...

I got 8:10. It's better than not getting anything, I guess. My bets for tomorrow are somewhat random/crazy as normal bets don't seem to be winning anything good at the moment.
Madge

Post by Madge »

World challenges are basically competitions to see who can get the highest score at a flash game.

I can occasionally win a piece of map in Kass Basher in the wee hours of the morning, but it's awfully tedious.

My bets for this round are probably about average. 12:1 minimum, excluding 13:1s, of course. I have the possiblity of a 70:1 which would be awesome.

That daqtools contraption is awesome. I'd never be able to bet without it.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

World Challenges annoy me. All the games I'm good at, there are 5,000 other players who are better. :(
varii

Post by varii »

Food club has been kicking my ass for the past week. I've actually had to take money out of the bank to make bets and train, which is something I haven't done in months. :/ I made a few bets today, nothing very risky which I'm sure means I'll win nothing. I'm a total FC junkie. Even on days with TERRIBLE odds when I tell myself I'm not going to bet, I'll end up racing to my computer at 1:40 and throw some random bets in. I've made about 1400 bets with a profit a bit over 7.5 mil, which I suppose isn't terribly bad.
rei @ neopets
Mistress Morbid

*nodnod* I'm so the same Varii. I've lost horribly this past week, but I can't stop myself from trying. >< I'm feeling pretty confident on today's bets though. *crosses fingers*

EDIT: Woot, well I won something at least! I'm still -120k in bet history, but I was at -235 earlier so it took a big chunk of that. Hopefully tomorrow goes this well and I should be out of the negatives.
Image Image
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Tomorrow has 2 good arenas. I'm mostly gonna use them and then do a few bets with Shipwreck.

Anything can happen in Harpoon. Buck has won too many days in a row. He's not Gooblah, so I'd think he'd lose eventually, but who knows. Then there's Tailhook who keeps winning. I've learned not to count out Sir Ed. Fed has been winning quite a bit too. Plus, the odds are way too close. Nothing above 5:1.

Lagoon- I don't like working with arenas with more than one 2:1.