Daily Dare!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Ailiel

Re: Daily Dare!

Post by Ailiel »

Yeah, I've been raking in the Neopoints with my level 50 habitarium, so this Daily Dare was the easiest I've ever encountered.

But I kind of feel cheated, anyway. I like the challenge of getting a high score at games. I felt so gloaty when everyone struggled so much on Kou Jong, a game that I was able to beat AAA's score so easily at... Habitarium is mildly entertaining and certainly brings home the bacon (I make about 60k a day playing it, more if I leave it running all the time) but it's not in the least little bit challenging. A four year old could do as well as me.

And I've been wondering for quite awhile how such easily minted NP is going to affect the economy... don't get me wrong, I'm not turning it down, it just feels too easy somehow. The game should have a daily NP cap, like Key Quest I think. I've made over 100k in one day playing Habitarium before, just leaving it running in the background and shifting my P3s into the houses for a rest every six hours or so.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I reached level 5 and have done the dishes in the mean time (so it is totaly do-able EofS)

I might also be hooked, so that evil plan worked too...
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I think it's about an hour of "playing" time (you can mostly ignore it) to reach level 5. I actually challenged Abi because I wanted her prize, and getting hers was pretty much instantaneous - it levels up less than a minute after you start the game for the first time.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

My Hab is at level 20, so can I just open the game to get the prize, or do I have to level up?
Rah

Post by Rah »

You should be able to just press play and then go back and refresh the daily dare page. I'm locked out of my game at level 50, so at first I was about to have a horrid moan about it but then I read the boards and I just had to /try/ to load the page and got my AAA prize :)
TCStarwind

Post by TCStarwind »

You're right. That did work. Thank you very much. :D
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

This is a perfect time to point out that I wrote a Habitarium guide! It seems a bit unneeded here, but never mind that - SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION!
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Faun

Post by Faun »

EofS wrote:You could do the method I linked to above, where you play one level loads of times. Level 3 wouldn't be ideal as you'd have to jump over the baddie, but you could do one of the earlier ones (I think they don't require down?) a loooooad of times. Or maybe try onscreen keyboard just for the down key requiring part?

(How do you not have a down key, out of curiosity?)
That's a good idea. :P I'll just do the earlier levels a few times.
I don't have a down key because I have a laptop, so it has stupid flimsy keys. I'm not sure how it came off though, but I lost it so I can't put it back on. :P
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I'm not gonna spend hours upon hours to beat Nova Defender. I've always preferred silver to gold anyway. :D
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Nova Defender is bloody difficult. That's all I have to say...and I went for Abi.
Rah

Post by Rah »

Woah. I couldn't get Abi's score on easy after four rounds which were nearly all hard anyway. Then I tried on hard and got 36k points on the first level and 46k points on the second, but couldn't get past the third at all. How on earth you're supposed to get 700k points is beyond me!
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

You get more points if you collect a bunch of gems all at once. There's a sound cue that helps. You're also supposed to corral them together and kill them all at once a la Dubloon Disaster. Oh yeah, you also need to die right before finishing level 2 until you're down to one life for the purpose of getting the cannon shot/side shot.

While ridiculously hard, it's not impossible... if it wouldn't insist on completely freezing my computer
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Yeah, not even gonna bother trying for AAA's score. It's days like this I'm happy I challenged Abi early on. I did end up with a score of 142,761, though.
TCStarwind

Post by TCStarwind »

I finally figured this game out! TTuTT I thought the yellow star was a stand-in for crosshairs and was therefore touching every red star that popped up. And then I wondered how I died so quickly. XD I'm so smart I don't know what to do with myself. Beat Abi; never touching this game again.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I am sadly determined to beat AAA... and tragically fail at the game. I nearly always seem to find a way to die on level 3 when trying to 'harvest' the gems for upgrades. And the few times I've gotten onto level 4... I don't even. I can see why you need the cannon shot for it - there's way too much going on.

On the upside, I've become very good at level 1 and 2! I just got over 60k for level 1... whoo!

Edit:
ARGHHHHHHHH. IT WAS GOING SO WELL. ;_; 20 seconds left of level 3... many a gem obtained and cannon shot in my sights. A lovely score of 460k waiting for me. And of course, a rogue bullet to put an end to my dreams. This game is so evil. But I will get the score.

552k. Died at the end of level 3 again. Ffffffffffff.

I have to say, the boards are making me laugh. 'Petition to change AAA's score for Daily Dare challenge' - are you serious? To me, this is the first game that's really required some practise and patience... and doesn't entirely rely on luck. And is doable. Yes, the score is hard, but by no means impossible. I've always tended to fail at other Daily Dare challenges due to being busy on some days so haven't been able to get the play time into the games I need. This year, they've removed that barrier - there's still two weeks to get the score so, eh.

OH MYYYYYYY STUPID PINK NOVA DYING ;________; I FINALLY GOT TO LEVEL 4 WITH CANNON AND FIVE SHOOTIES AND 600k. Weep. e_e
Subeta: Thomas