(Old) Revamped Items, Minions, Etc.

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Ierosbats

Re: Revamped Items, Minions, Etc.

Post by Ierosbats »

Has the larree always been this adorable? I was going through my vault and found one and it caught me off guard. I feel like I would have put it in my shiny gallery or a pet's treasure or something had it been this adorable when I got it.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

It'd been missing an image for quite a while, I read recently, and, as nobody could find the old one, a new one was drawn based on what information people had.
Subeta: Thomas
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Oh, that makes sense. Well, I love the new one. So much so that I went out and bought another one even though it was 3 mil. What the hell was it, a trivia prize?
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Yeah, and I can't remember exactly what it looked like, but I believe it used to be ugly.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Larree revamp is the cause for the inflation, since I bought one for less than 100K the day of the revamp.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Aaaah! I've had a Larree sitting in my vault for ages (got it in a giveaway about a year ago) and I've always wondered just what the heck it WAS since the image never worked. It's adorable!! I think I'll take him out of the vault and stick him in the pretty things gallery, now. :D
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

*meep*

. . . those used to be the cutest things ever. I have had one of each color in my shiny things gallery.

Does anyone have a copy of what they used to look like saved?
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I could have sworn that I had a Larree sitting around somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere and it is now super cute and I want one.

Those cat plushies look really cheap now. I used to love them, but now they just look like something you would buy from the dollar store. Why do they feel the need to constantly be "updating" art that was perfectly fine to start with?
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Anyone have a picture of the old cat plushies?

Esmerelda got a revamp, and its actually a lovely one! I really really like it and want her dress (minus the huge ass bow). I wish she'd looked more snooty like the old one instead of just mean, but its still a nice revamp.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Heh. Huge ass bow. I always think of the xkcd strip--My hobby: Whenever anyone calls something an [adjective]-ass [noun], I mentally move the hyphen one word to the right. "Man, that's a sweet ass-car."

But it works both ways on Esmerelda!

Given how much I loathed her art before, I'd say this is a definite improvement. And look! You can have shopkeepers with legs!
Image Image
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Yay, Esmerelda looks great now <3 Much better than before.

Looks like all the Mystery Gummy items have been revamped:

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Awww I thought they were cuter before, and much more candy-like :(
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Awww, man!! I think the snake looks nice, but the rest... ehhh. Especially the spider. =(

Image Adorable. Freakin' cute. So sweet and squishy.
Image Not cute in the least and Deschain doesn't want it anymore. Must remove from gallery. Honestly, wha? Anatomical correctness on a gummy? The fly goes too far, too. *sighs* *takes both from gallery*

I'm sure they were redone because they didn't have black outlines. But redrawn... absolutely no reason. Definitely don't want them anymore.
Image Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

They look LESS like gummy candy with the black outline...they now look like stickers.
Image Image
ImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I was looking at Bonechewer's Chewy Bones, in my Ossuary, the section full of gummy candy and lollipops and such. I found out that these:

Image ... have each been renamed to "Skull Candy Wafer." Wafer?! Shiniest damn wafer ever... The art hasn't changed, I don't think. Just the name. Probably to separate them from these:

Image Flavored Gummy Skulls...

Now, just because it's a food item doesn't mean it belongs in Bonechewer's Chewy Bones. What the hell do they mean by "wafer"? To me, that word only applies to two things--the waffle-y wafer cookie bars, and the Catholic holy wafer. And gosh but these don't look like either. Think I should move them to Faux Bones now? Or should I just roll my eyes and continue calling them gummies dammit?
Image Image
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I'm guessing it's something more like the Necco candy wafers.

Also the mystery gummies are half and half for me. I like the pumpkin, worm, and snake, but prefer the older versions of the others.
Image Image Image