Sheeta Potential Revamp

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Figment
Girl Anachronism

Post by Figment »

Checkers, we are moderators, but we are also members of the community. Unless otherwise stated (or obviously implied, as in Kamil's post and my recent post to you), you can safely assume that comments about the pets are just that -- comments, from members, about the pets. Ty's personal jab was unnecessary, but your response is unwarranted.

I think any further discussion of this should be taken to PMs, so don't even think about continuing to argue about this, checkers. This is not the place.

For the record, I strongly dislike the drastic changes made in the sheeta's colours. It would have been one thing to make the coloured accents of the sheeta more orangey to match the shade of sun, but it's quite different (and quite unpleasant) to make the whole thing bright blaring orange. One of the things that I loved about the old sheeta was how muted and lovely and soft all of the colours were. That has been stripped away entirely, and, I think, does change the all-important "feel" of the pet that we are always talking about. I really feel for anyone who had a field sheeta, or a sun sheeta, or any of the others that have been changed drastically that I haven't seen yet. I had Eniada field for a bit before I turned her dm and I really loved it -- if she were still that colour, which is now completely different, I would be quite upset.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Yeah, I too am not pleased by the drastic hue changes on the colorfills.

I adored their softness before - and much as I love the new Sheeta, the only colorfills I like now are arid and cream. Mind, I like those two a lot, and will probably change Chaffee into one of the two if the angelic Paralix is changed - which I hope is not in the works, but here isn't the place for me to angst about that possibility. ^^

I don't understand why the color change had to be so drastic, because there are other pets with less . . . vibrant hues in these same colors. And yes, Figment is right - this does drastically change the feel of the pet.

Ah well, as a whole I do like the new Sheeta. Quite a bit. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I wouldn't get a Sheeta now, because of the colorfills.

I may get reborn when I'll buy my Donadak lushie at the end of the summer, but no colorfills.

I liked the paler shades they used. Now, not so much. Way too flashy.

My old eyes aren't taking much anymore.

EDIT: For nearly all species, I consider Cream, Arid and Marsh as the best colorfills, without any hesitation. Arid is my favorite for Shetas. =)