New Pirate Petpets!!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
uberstav

New Pirate Petpets!!

Post by uberstav »

whooo!!!

pirate walking carpet, baby blu, rock, and mortog!

i really can't say much about these....as it seems like it was a cut and paste for the original petpets and then some patches and hats were drawn on top..pretty boring compared to other pirate petpets imo. i sort of like the mortog...but yet something about the peg leg irks me...
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I must say, I love the eyepatched Walking Carpet. It's nice to see a cheap Petpet get some attention.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

"Argh, I burst a damn blood vessel!"

These are really, really lame cut and paste jobs. The rock having an earring is ridiculous, and not even ironic ridiculous.. it could have been something cool and piratey like.. like... a cannonball! Ok that's lame but not lamer than the the actual one.
checkers

Post by checkers »

They all are just colourfills and cut and paste jobs, like.. Excuse me while I gag.
Rock could've been creative, like a lump of coal, or gold or even a compass (Like the one in PoTC) I think the Rock used to be a funny petpet, but recently it's been getting loads of colours making it less cheeky and more, dull. I don't wanna get started on Mortiking(sp?) I myself may burst a bloodvessel a'la*lame-dor
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Mortiking is a Subetan pet. I imagine you mean Mortog.

I like the Baby Blu, except... does it seem like its edges are a bit pixellated?
Image Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

The only one I like is the only one than no one whined about, the Baby Blu.

The tiny accessories cut it for me, and it's a petpet I'd like having. Pirate petpet PB have started inflating again, though =(
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

The Rock is stupid beyond the telling of it, and the Mortog really does look like it's burst a vessel in its eye. Not to mention the whole 'faux beard on a creature that doesn't have fur, or hair of any sort'. x.x

The Baby Blu is fairly adorable; but then again I usually like their colors, so that's not surprising.

Of course I usually adore the Rock's colors too. A cannonball would've been so much better than this. So much better.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I don't think it's supposed to be a beard--the Mortog always has darker coloring on its face.

Also, it always has hair. ^_~ It's not a very good amphibian.
Image Image
Kamil
Not the nice one

Post by Kamil »

Is that hair? *peers* It's always looked like fleshy spikes to me. *peers again* Huh, I just blew it up and it still looks like fleshy spiky stuff, webbing of a sort, to me - but either way, you're right, it's not a very good amphibian.

Although I do think they purposely darkened the face moreso than normal to mimic a faux beard. Because it's quite a bit darker than the normal pet's face is, and that would seem a strange choice if that wasn't their intent. Or maybe it's a blood stain, from the ruptured vessel in its eye. ^.~

Either way, I still don't like any of these but the Baby Blu. ^^
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

Kamil wrote:Is that hair? *peers* It's always looked like fleshy spikes to me. *peers again* Huh, I just blew it up and it still looks like fleshy spiky stuff, webbing of a sort, to me - but either way, you're right, it's not a very good amphibian.
In between the webbed spiny things is a little tuft of white-what appears to be-hair. ^^
ImageImageImage
Kamil
Not the nice one

Post by Kamil »

danceu4ia wrote:
Kamil wrote:Is that hair? *peers* It's always looked like fleshy spikes to me. *peers again* Huh, I just blew it up and it still looks like fleshy spiky stuff, webbing of a sort, to me - but either way, you're right, it's not a very good amphibian.
In between the webbed spiny things is a little tuft of white-what appears to be-hair. ^^
There is? Apparently I'm blinder than a cave full of blind bats, because that still looks like a highlight on the webbing to me. x.x

Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I think danceu4ia thought you were talking about the earlike webbed spiny things as opposed to the hairlike webbed spiny things. So she was talking about the hairlike webthingies as the complete tuft of hair, where Kamil was talking about the hairlike webthingie as the webthingie and the highlight on the hairlike webthingie as the tuft of hair.

And that doesn't even make sense to me anymore.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

The silvery-white thing on the regular mortog doesn't seem like a webbed thing to me at all. It looks like hair. Isn't there a mortog trading card? Maybe that's clearer than a tiny petpet image. I'd look, but I have to dash. =)
Image Image
Kamil
Not the nice one

Post by Kamil »

It may very well look different elsewhere. I've only seen the petpet image and the image at the Kiss the Mortog game, which is basically the same thing.

And granted, I probably assumed that the silver-blue thingee was, in fact, web and not hair, because the Mortog is amphibian, and they, typically, don't have a lot in the way of hair. But quite often have webbing here and there.

Silly me, thinking Neo wouldn't go and put a hair tuft on an amphibian petpet. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
sureq

Post by sureq »

They all be pretty rubbish. All though the walking carpet made me giggle (it makes me giggle anyway but this more-so) so it passes.

The rock being the most rubbish. Who ever said the rock was losing its appeal was right, I used to love the rock. It had some basic colours, a codestone for island and a tombstone for Halloween, and that's where they should have left it IMHO.
ImageImage