Chocolate Ogrin

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Chocolate Ogrin

Post by Officer 1BDI »

First, obligatory "OMFG new Ogrin colour!!1!" comment from me.

Secondly... I don't really like it. The markings along the back and tail look ok, but in this smaller version, the markings on the foot just look cluttered, and the chocolate shreddings for its mane, although not a horribly idea, just don't do it for me. It looks sloppy rather than cleverly crafted, and even though there's not usually much hair in front of the ears anyway, the way the chocolate is positioned just makes the poor thing look like it has a receding hairline.
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

Overall, I actually like this pet, and I'm definitely not a fan of ogrins usually. I do agree that the mane could use a little work, but other than that I like it.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I like the idea of eating the head off an ogrin. I think the details are nice, and a lot more than I expected since the customization. It seems like the creamy bits would be detachable, somehow.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Say what you will, it's a good thing for Ogrins, the poor blobs of accessories the pets themselves are. Chocolate drizzle stripes, white chocolate feet/belly markings, shredding hair, cream fur tufts... Now if only its eyes didn't look so alive...
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
gidget

Post by gidget »

I think it's a wonderful new colour for the Ogrin. Hmmm... it makes me half tempted to target zap for a Chocolate Ogrin eventually.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

It looks delicious.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I'd eat that. I'd probably leave the eyeballs though, it's not clear what they're made of. Maybe hunger is clouding my decision-making process, maybe the trainwreck of customisation has lowered my expectations, but that really is surprisingly good.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

I like it actually, and I'm no fan of Ogrins. I love all of the colours and the white chocolate swirls along it's back look yummy. I rather like the chocolate shredding for it's mane, i think it's a nice new idea for chocolate pets, and it looks good.
miazilla

Post by miazilla »

I actaully really like this. The whiped cream and the shredded chocolate mane are great :D
Bif

Post by Bif »

I actaully really like this. The whiped cream and the shredded chocolate mane are great :D
My thoughts exactly! I don't nomrally like Ogrins at all - but this I really really like. It was the white chocolate markings, the flake mane and the whipped cream that does it for me. (Flake btw is a Cadbury cholocate, I'm not sure if anywhere but Oz has them).
miazilla

Post by miazilla »

Bif wrote:(Flake btw is a Cadbury cholocate, I'm not sure if anywhere but Oz has them).
I think they have them in the UK too. I seem to remember seeing them when I was over there. Cadbury has yummy chocolate :D
Yuka

Post by Yuka »

miazilla wrote:
Bif wrote:(Flake btw is a Cadbury cholocate, I'm not sure if anywhere but Oz has them).
I think they have them in the UK too. I seem to remember seeing them when I was over there. Cadbury has yummy chocolate :D
They do have flakes in the UK--I especially love the white chocolate one. :D

As for the pet itself, not bad for chocolate... plus, it's nice to see Ogrins get some new colours for once!
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

i'd actually consider zapping for this O-o I love how the hair has turned into chocolate shavings, and looking at this pet is making me very hungry for a French Silk Cream pie. mmm..
neo_peridot_green

Chocolate Ogrin

Post by neo_peridot_green »

Finally! I can say Ogrins don't exactly get a new colour every day, at least compared to a lot of other species such as the Shoyru, Acara, etc., and I can say... I rather like their new chocolate colour. It's not the best, but it's not the worst. It sticks with the classic chocolate scheme - chocolate brown colour, whip cream, etc., but somehow it adds originality with the chocolate flakes. Other than that, it's...chocolate. 8.5 out of 10.
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

I actually like it! The chocolate shavings mane is clever, and the white chocolate and cream are nice. I can imagine a baker putting the finishing touches on it with the chocolate stripes; looks yummy. This is probably the first time I've been able to look at the pet without recoiling from the aesthetic horror of its design. :)