Darigan and Orange Poogle

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
ismerai

Darigan and Orange Poogle

Post by ismerai »

ImageImage

Orange, is well orange, nothing really special. But darigan, wow i'm disappointed. It just looks... weird. The eyebrows look kinda silly, the only thing I really liked about it was like the spikes on the tail. :P The colors are kinda nice... Just your basic darigan ones. :?
ismerai @ neopets

ImageImageImageImage
^Click
View the rest of my dragons (Please)!
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Re: Darigan and Orange Poogle

Post by TCStarwind »

Bleh.

Orange is weird. Almost like red-orange (maybe it's just my screen?). It just looks really dark to me, but is otherwise okay.

Darigan... Boy is darigan ugly. I don't like purple/red combos to start with so the plum/maroon thing isn't working for me. Its mouth looks funny, and the claws look like they're glued on. And what's with the random hair stripes and spots? The tail spikes are about the only thing I do like, and only a little. They just don't make up for the rest of it.

I kinda liked the old darigan poogle. At least it was supposed to look bad, which made it funny. This one has no umph to it.
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

I'm with Starwind. The old Darigan Poogle was brilliant in it's sucking out loud. This new one is bad, but not funny bad.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I think that the Darigan is supposed to be obviously horrible, just not as ugly. If not than that's a little bit of a shame.
Image Image Image
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

They can release the Darigan Poogle but not the Darigan Kiko? Much ick.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.

Post by 23639377 »

Ew they're both ugly! Every part of the Darigan is awkwardly drawn. And even the orange colour is dark too!
(Forum set is under construction)
Omg Its Demi

Post by Omg Its Demi »

*no comment*
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

D'aww, I wait years for the DariPoo to be released and eventually, as they've moved the goalposts so much, we end up with this? The original Darigan was outrageously, undeniably and knowingly terrible in a tongue-in-cheek style. This is bordering more on just 'poor'.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

This is just awful. I haven't been on neopets in a long time, but I see this on the front page here and I did a double take. I do not like that combination of different styles of teeth, the eyebrows look strange. I also do not like the tailspikes, it just doesn't work on that style of tail.
Image Image Image Image Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

That Darigan Poogle turns me off from the color entirely. For a Darigan pet, it doesn't look very vicious or angry (actually, its expression seems very much like the orange poogle's next to it). The spikes on the tail are too thick and nubby (and why only the tail? Why not add some to the back as well?), the mixed teeth are distracting, and the eyelids are so undistinguishable to me that for a moment I thought the Poogle had two sets of eyebrows. It's difficult to choose my least favorite Darigan pet post-customization, but this thing certainly breaches the top five.

Orange is orange. And now I'm suddenly craving Starbursts. :P
varii

Post by varii »

Ever since Zebru broke down their dislike of the new poogle, I have not been able to like it at all. That said, the Darigan Poogle could be worse? Not saying that I like it AT ALL. But I think it's better than the unreleased Darigan Kiko. Darigan is a nearly ruined color in 2.0...but there are parts of the Poogle that could have worked, but too much is wrong for there to be any redeeming quality to it.

I really wonder what the Neopets artists are doing with pet colors now. I can think of a small handful of pets released in the past year that I have liked, and the majority of them are just awful. If I was an artist, I would be ashamed to send out that Poogle and have people see it. And who is ok-ing them? Bad art is bad art, I cannot imagine how you'd look at that and think it passes any set standard. Ugh.
rei @ neopets
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

That Darigan Poogle's mouth makes me think of the monster thingies from Pac Man.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Hahaha! Ew.

The mouth and funkerous eyebrows make me cringe, and not in an "ooh Darigan" way. Otherwise, I'd have found it bearable (for a Poogle).

Orange is a good basic color. Except I personally very much dislike orange (unless in food or natural scenery) and Poogles. I'm also rather put-off by the "reddish orange" on the body with the "yellowish orange" of the belly; it clashes a bit to me.
uberstav

Post by uberstav »

*sees darigan and throws up chunks all over the place* that...is nasty! I'm sorry! I can't even look at it...it's so bad!

the orange poogle on the other hand is a very nice sunkissed orange shade which I really seem to like...sadly i still think poogles lost that spark that they used to have....i'd always like look at poogles and be like ooo!!! but they just their "it" factor after 2.0 ...oh well...
Louboutins

Post by Louboutins »

Shocking. There is nothing I like about the darigan poogle. It looks like it has two sets of eyebrows..
The colours aren't even good. And the spots!

Does anyone still have that old dari poogle anyway? Haha.