Cloud and Desert Korbat

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Cloud and Desert Korbat

Post by Nogitsune »

Image Image

The Desert's not too shabby. The Cloud is... okay.. for Cloud... but there've been better.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
pistons0794

Re: Cloud and Desert Korbat

Post by pistons0794 »

Beat me too itl, I was just about to post this xD
(my first post on this site!)

Anyways, I REALLY like the Desert. It is really simple, but it looks nice, and the skin color looks great, in my opinion. The wings are a little too dark, but overall, nice pet.

The cloud is....cloud. It's just like any other no puff cloud pet....uninteresting.

ImageImage

I like the dress, it's interesting.
And for the other outfit, I REALLY like the tail cover, it's a great touch! Everything else looks great too. Nice job overall for this pet day
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Desert looks underwhelming to me; I was hoping they'd get some sort of headware, and I don't really like the shade of blue they chose for the wings because it seems too bold for Desert. Cloud is cloud.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Why does the Cloud one have yellow feet? They look like bird feet... was that the intention?

Haha I thought Desert had a codpiece for a sec there. Erm. I do like its skirt/loincloth thing.

I agree re: wings being too dark, or maybe the blue is just too saturated... ctrl+u please! (whoever gets that is a Photoshop geek.) Also, are the inner ears supposed to be gold-plated, or is that just a really intense yellow?
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Bah. Desert pets usually have such a lovely shade of blue used for their wings and such (see the draik, as for example) but this is just hideous. The wing color is far too bright and saturated and really just completely dominates the pet, greatly to its detriment.

And the ears are glaringly yellow inside, as Larkspurlane said, and man, this could've been a nifty little pet, if someone had just used a bit more care when coloring it.

Fail.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
varii

Post by varii »

Both colours are incredibly dull and fall flat for me. Cloud has that weird feet colouring issue and Desert is just blah. Nice arm and tail accessories but the bottom wrap looks really flat.

Korbats have gotten really nice clothing sets both times around. I guess that makes up for the lacking colours.
rei @ neopets
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Cloud would be nice if it weren't for those feet. D: I understand that a good amount of korbats have yellow feet, but good grief.

Desert is very bland. I wouldn't mind it so much if it had something nice to put on its poor, bald head. And I don't usually mind blue/gold color schemes, but something seems off about it all together.
NeonDragonfly

Post by NeonDragonfly »

I've always liked the colour combination in cloud pets, of course cloud is just cloud.
I think the Desert Korbat looks rather spiffeh, I like the body colour and the gold colour on the inner ears. It would have been nice to have a head piece, but the rings are a nice touch.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I rather like the Lost Desert. Having the shade of blue on the wings that's normally kept for headdresses and whatnot is quite different (a Korbat wouldn't wear a headdress, would they? Don't they move their ears to sense the surroundings in flight?), and I'm pleased with the way the tail rings hang.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

I quite like the colours - I'd rather the artists be cautious than OTT. Cloud is cloud, though I like the yellow feet as it stops it from being overwhelmingly blue. Sure, a cloudy sky is blue but I like the way the yellow breaks it up.

As for Desert, I just think it's simple and understated and all the better for that. I like the deep royal blue myself, a turquoise would have worked a little better I think.

The clothes are very good - overall, this has been a good pet day even though Korbats are not the most exciting pets.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Desert feels so...naked. There's nothing there. A loincloth makes so sense on a korbat because for the most part both wild mammals (and birds) have sheaths. A korbat can strut his stuff in confidence! But that is very disappointing there are no other clothes. It looks like toned down gold with fake blue wings.

The miner oufit is excecuted nicely though (probably would have been the best on a yellow pteri though, in theory). And the frilly thing is nice, but I want to see those pretty clothes on girly pets. (It annoys me that an effiminate pet like an Usul, or a peophin doesn't have insanely frilly clothes like that beautiful quiggle tutu set.)
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Omg Its Demi

Post by Omg Its Demi »

Desert looks lazy, and naked, and the wings look too dark for desert.
Cloud, is well...cloud!
orangebroccoli
Human Avatar: 200738

Post by orangebroccoli »

The feet on the Cloud Korbat are RIDICULOUS. Otherwise, it looks kinda cute. :)

Desert....bleh. The blue just overdoes it. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably get a Desert Korbat right now.