WTF is this?

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Larkspurlane

WTF is this?

Post by Larkspurlane »

I'm going to edit my petpage, right? Click edit, and this comes up -- not as a popup, as you can see by the url, but on the neo site.

The big "f" in the middle of the white square is my Flashblocker blocking some ad. Wtf? If they're putting up massive ads & you have to "skip this ad" to move around the site, that is a really cheap, dumb move.

Alternative possibility: somehow by clicking "edit" I magically clicked some random banner instead which made this come up. I don't think I did that, but I really hope I did that... 5 mins later: I clicked around on sponsored links and crap & none of them have this effect (they all bring me to another page rather than view/skip ad option).

??? :(
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Rainbow Daydreamer

Re: WTF is this?

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

From the HC, it seems that there's a bug going around that's making ads appear in the middle of the page instead of as banners. Complaints have been issued to TNT and hopefully we'll get things moving soon.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Oh, so it's a bug. Good!

(If it's a bug making banner ads big... do banner ads usually have a countdown to "skip this ad"?... I've never noticed.)

*exits rant mode* :D
Larkspurlane @ neo
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Larkspurlane wrote:Oh, so it's a bug. Good!

(If it's a bug making banner ads big... do banner ads usually have a countdown to "skip this ad"?... I've never noticed.)

*exits rant mode* :D
Well, that's what we're presuming given that there's been no announcement of a change in ad policy and apparently a few people aren't seeing them.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Would the few people who don't see them have Premium perchance? :@ Haha. Nvm. Neo wouldn't do that. Right?

Edit: WRONG! Premium takes away all ads, duh. I forgot. :twisted:

I haven't had this ad since, so hooray. It would really mess up RSing & kad feeding & all those other site areas requiring quick & uninterrupted clicks.
Larkspurlane @ neo