Biscuit Wocky

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Noble fauf

Biscuit Wocky

Post by Noble fauf »

For wocky day we have 1 new colour

It's a little plain, but I don't see anything really wrong with it, I like the eye colour though.
Amphigorey
Human Avatar: 435031

Re: Biscuit Wocky

Post by Amphigorey »

I guess this means there's definitely going to be a Christmas Wocky?

The lack of chocolate chips makes it look like it's made out of sand. It also has the problem that many other biscuit pets have of still being furry even though it's supposed to be a cookie.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Amphigorey wrote:I guess this means there's definitely going to be a Christmas Wocky?
Wockies already have Christmas, Ice and Snow :)

So, in THEORY...

That means the second color might be magma.
Amphigorey
Human Avatar: 435031

Post by Amphigorey »

Iggy wrote:
Amphigorey wrote:I guess this means there's definitely going to be a Christmas Wocky?
Wockies already have Christmas, Ice and Snow :)

So, in THEORY...

That means the second color might be magma.
Forgot about that XD Makes sense that it would be Magma because it's got the fire-turnable mane.

Or the artists couldn't be bothered making a second pet color for Wocky day :P
Doubtful

Post by Doubtful »

Change the language to Spanish. You'll find;

¡HUY! Por favor ten cuidado por que parece que se ha aparecido una horrible criatura y hay rumores sobre una asquerosa poción que dañará a tus Neopets.

Translates to (Using Babelfish so bare with me)

HUY! Please they ten well-taken care of so that it seems that she has appeared a horrible creature and is rumors on a revolting potion that it will damage to your Neopets.

* Second Colour will be Mutant, most likely to be released on Monday or later next week. Personally I cannot wait. I always love the Mutant pets that TNT rolls out. *

About the Biscuit, I think it's pretty good. As previously stated, I find it to be pretty plain, and disappointing.
Plushie Lenny

Post by Plushie Lenny »

What a disapointmet, im exited to see Mutant though . . .
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yeah, my reaction was "...that's it?" I think it does look quite biscuity (could use some more texture though, it's there but very sparse and faint), but usually they're a little more decorated.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Yeah, at first I was like "..one?" :/ It's alright, but it's very.. plain |D.

I can't wait for the Mutant Wocky, though.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Noble fauf

Post by Noble fauf »

I just realized something, considering how Neopets is very big on catering to their North American users; I'm surprised that they haven't changed the name of the biscuit paint brush to cookie paint brush. I don't mind myself (as an American) but I'm sure there's plenty an American kid that's confused.

ImageImage

In North American a biscuit is like a buttery salty scone (never with fruit in it!) and a cookie is sweet and chewy/crunchy.

Still, it's good to see that TNT is too lazy to get rid of all of their Welsh heritage. :wink:
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

I'm /happy/ it's still called the Biscuit PB xD Mind you, I'm British too, so.. yeah. Biased.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Welsh is pushing it a bit, i think. After all, "biscuit" is not a Welsh word. (Yes, Adam and Donna were born in Wales, but the heritage of the site is more generally British, than Welsh, I think).

I think if anyone is confused, they only have to look up biscuit on Wikipedia or in an online dictionary to find out that it has different meanings. I read a lot of American childrens' books when I was a kid and yes, I didn't know what everything meant but I worked it out from the context or I looked it up in a dictionary. It does everyone good to be exposed to different cultures and ideas.

I would like to think that it's not just the fact that they're lazy that they don't remove all traces of British English from the site. There has been a gradual Americanisation of the site since Adam and Donna left, although the spelling of Customisation with an s (the usual British way, although the z version is acceptable and preferred by the Oxford English Dictionary) shows that they do sometimes think about it. There are still more "trousers" than "pants", but there are also an awful lot of "vests" that are waistcoats.
Neopets wishlists: here
Felid

Post by Felid »

The buscuit wocky is pretty non-descript flat & textureless, hard to imagine anyone clamouring to paint their Wocky buscuit....nobody took more than 5 mins to bang that design out, that's for sure.....Mutant on the other hand, now that's a really exciting prospect, especially if it's by the artist who did the recent Pteri, Kau, Peo & Eyrie Mutants - the highpoints of Post-Conversion Neopet design....here's hoping!
Noble fauf

Post by Noble fauf »

Welsh is pushing it a bit, i think.
I see your point, I just remember Saint David's day being so important on Neopets when I was a little kid.

I hope I didn't sound like an anglo-hater. :oops: I was just thinking about how neopets is trying to be accessable to a international audience and also how they have been Americanizing their language without totally alienating their english audience.
Kinesthesia

Post by Kinesthesia »

It's not terrible very plain but still nice and I do like the mane and the eyes. Mutant pets are some of my favorite so I'm very excited to see the mutant Wocky when it comes out.
BazookaBabe

Post by BazookaBabe »

I like the new color overall. I kind of wish the chips weren't so uniform on his fur and that the nose was also a chip, or at least darker. Wocky Day isn't really all that important to me, though.

And that spanish translation hurt my eyes D: It is along the right lines, though. "Please be careful because I think a horrible creature has appeared and there are rumors of a horrible potion that will damage your pets."