The Great Pandemic 2011

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
moonsyne

Re: The Great Pandemic 2011

Post by moonsyne »

Image Image
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

There is a new achievement, one for having all the cardboard masks in your wardrobe. Of course it came out after I borrowed the skitters one from
Kali. Does anyone mind lending it to me again for a moment?

I'm slightly dreading my zombieness, I have the face fungus one and it looks to be an explosion of fungi-like substance in the next stage. I hope it will be something fairly pretty in the end, but I have a feeling I will end up rotten and with no eyesight or the like.

I wish the kisses were actual wearables, they are so cute!
Trith

Post by Trith »

I'm loving brain rot and heart burn so far. The fungus one is kind of grossing me out, but I suppose that's what zombies are supposed to do.

I'm on stage II of heart ache/naughty nip. I like where it's going so far, but the progression seems so slow. I'm not patient enough for this, apparently. Hopefully all the final stages are out before I go on vacation so I don't have to wait a week to see how disgusting we all are. =)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I give out some kind of stupid pretty purple heart about love. Hmph. It looks terrible on my profile.
Image Image
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

http://subeta.net/kiss.php?user=185309

please add me. I didn't really do the whole Pandemic thing last year. I got infected and have stayed a zombie since then, but I didn't really get into the whole kisses and flowers thing. i have a looooong way to go on all of those acheivements.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Apparently there are pastries now too? Keith keeps posting about them on twitter. I have the creepy fungus virus :(
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I give out the I <3 U heart.

Another achievement is having certain NPCs kiss you which is viral like the staff one. I got it thanks to some random people. I can't say who cause I got a bunch of kisses at once along with the achievements. ^-^; So I'll try and kiss everyone and share it.

And the new pastry quest thing. I don't totally get what pastry has to do with zombies. Maybe Skitters use to be a pastry chef before he turned zombie. Hmmmm. Anywho they are a collection as well. From what I gather you get a random even from Skitters asking you to deliver a box. You give the box to a random person and they get a pastry for their collection. Now I'm not sure if that's really how it works, it's just what I gathered from the forms. And you have the be a zombie to get the boxes. Other wise you just get Skitter yelling at you in the RE.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I got a box of pastries..just now. Anyone want it? Since I have to GIVE it away.
Image Image
ImageImage
shaelyn76

Post by shaelyn76 »

Damn!!! you guys are all over it. I left for dinner and came back to smooches galore. Thanks Guys!!!
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

From the forums:
Skitters is the only person who gives out the collectible pastries. THEY ARE NOT SHOP ITEMS, OR FLOATING ITEMS LIKE THE MASKS, AND YOU DON'T GET THEM FOR POSTING IN THE FORUMS. He ONLY hands them out to full zombies (2009 and 2010 only - sorry 2011 strains) as a sort of quest.

FOR ZOMBIES: You'll get a random event telling you he wants to talk to you. He gives you a pastry box and tells you NOT to open the box but to give it to someone else. You can either open it or give it to another person, but if you open it, he'll be mad and won't give you another one for 3 hours. Inside will be a random pastry for the collection.

For humans or newly infected zombies: You have to either buy the pastry or pastry boxes, or get the boxes from full zombies.
I've gotten a box too. Not really sure how to make sure everybody gets some, so unless somebody comes up with a clever idea I'll probably just end up gifting whoever I see online.

(Pastries? Zombies? I don't get it either. But heck, why not?)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

My internet is soooooo slow. (I am tired of living in a hotel! Highspeed internet my ass. Dickwads. And your dickwad internet.) Hopefully I can get some boxes to give out tonight.

The pastries are very pretty!
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Ty scolded me for not putting my kissing link here yet, haha.

http://subeta.net/kiss.php?user=155904

there it is!
shaelyn76

Post by shaelyn76 »

the pastries themselves are very nice looking. It's nice to have some kind of special something for those of us who stayed all zombied out this long. I don't feel nearly as irritable that I didn't get an achievement for staying a zombie now that I can get achievements for giving out pastries. I'm just going down my friends list to give them out. I figure most everyone on my list will end up getting a pastry box from me by the time this is all over.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Yes, now I can finally make out with you Jessi! >:3 Good on Ty for scolding you. **nods**

And I smell something fishy with the pastries! I looked at them on Subetalodge and I think something is up with them. All those dots and dashes. **shifty eyes** Oh yeah, something is going on.
I'll also happily take pastries from anyone willing to give, heh. My pet Solyn is going to need a couple of them.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Sent one to you, Alicorn!
Image Image
ImageImage