Royal Blumaroo

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Royal Blumaroo

Post by Nogitsune »

ImageImage

Not too shabby, actually, though I know a lot of people were hoping they'd have more jester-like outfits.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
baka_boy_911

Re: Royal Blumaroo

Post by baka_boy_911 »

their crowns are cool! I like the coloring for the male royal blumaroo
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Wow that girl is a neon shade of magenta.
I actually rather like the clothes on the Royalboy and the Royalgirls crown. Though I agree, a jester would have been nice.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Veo

Post by Veo »

I like it. n__n
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Ick, very ick. These look like outdated, forgettable shopkeepers or fun images slapped together out of obligation for the occasion. I agree, there's no reason these shouldn't be jester-themed. What a waste.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

They are very nice crowns.

Otherwise, ehhhh.

Is the royalgirl about to hop on her scepter as if it's a hobby horse?
Image Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I'm not a fan. The first thing they remind me of are the Royal Grundos... well, at least the male's outfit. I was one of those fully expecting Jester-inspired outfits as well, so part of my displeasure can simply be chalked up to failed expectations, but these outfits don't seem to fit the cheery Roo theme very well. The female's outfit looks rather, um, "royal generic" compared to some of the other royal pets we've seen, and pink on pink is kind of off-putting.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Blumaroos got a jester outfit wearable for them last year, so really, I would have disliked them getting another Jester outfit this year.
Besides, the point of the Royal PB is to make your pet...regal.

Jesters aren't technically royalty. King Roo is actually not a jester. He's a crowned king.

I like the Royalboy shade. I could even be tempted to get one, at second thought.

EVEN THOUGH I WANTED ZOMBIE MORE.
Last edited by Iggy on 08 Aug 2008 03:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

The crowns are about the only things I like about these, and even then only slightly. The girl is too bright, and the boy is too dull. Among other things...

Post by 23639377 »

The royalgirl's horrible. I only like their crowns. And... what style are they?
(Forum set is under construction)
Omg Its Demi

Post by Omg Its Demi »

Even though I like the pink used for the royalgirl, there is too much pink... And her hair..o_o..Marge Simpson anyone?
The first time I saw the royalboy I wondered what the heck was under his chin...then I realised it was a beard type thing...
But I do like the crowns used...just wish they were jesters....
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I would like to put the Royalgirl's clothes on a blumaroo with a more subtle color. I think the clothes'd be nice if they weren't blending into the bright magenta color of the pet.

The crowns are indeed awesome, however.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I really can't agree with anyone saying they should be jesters- they really shouldn't. There were jester outfits last year, and having yet more jesters would be pointless and redundant.

I'm not sure about them- I definitely wouldn't ever have the royalgirl with that base colour, and I think the eye make-up is ugly. I don't like the gold detail much, though that's mostly just my personal taste. The bodice of the dress is nice, but the skirt isn't so good.

I'm not sure I really get the crowns... they're a bit too odd for me. Perhaps I'm missing some reference to something. But the artist gets cookies for doing the sensible thing and giving them something to hold in their little tightly curled fists, even if they aren't the prettiest sceptres ever. Actually, the royalboy looks like he should be hopping onto a horse (or uni- except I don't think unis are allowed to be ridden, technically) and entering a jousting tournament. I think he could do with some trousers, though.

I do like the royalboy, the colours are nice, though it's a pity the cape and breastplate are all one piece of clothing- it would have been more fun to have paired the cape with some other piece of clothing.

The clothing for blumaroo day is very cute- I want to give the blumaroo with the dungarees a big squishy hug. Though it'd have to put the pitchfork down first.
Neopets wishlists: here
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

Blumaroos are my favorite species of Neopet, so I was looking forward to a possible new sets of Royals...but I'm just not liking these. If I were to sum up my reaction to them in one word, it would be, "Huh?"

For starters, I can't really tell what sort of look they're going for here. I mean, are they some sort of intergalactic royals, or is it a reference to some video game or sci-fi show I haven't seen, or what? Whatever it was, I wish the artists or whoever was in charge of the final design had chosen another train of thought, because this one just isn't working. Another Victorian era or even a generic Royal would have been better.

The colors used on the boy are okay, but what were they thinking on the poor girl? Why is the bottom part of her dress almost the same color as her coat/fur/skin/whatever? Why couldn't the stripes have been the same colors as the ones on her puffy sleeves? Those are nice colors, and I think it would have helped alleviate the eye-searing-ness of the base color. A bit. Maybe.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Rakumel wrote: I mean, are they some sort of intergalactic royals, or is it a reference to some video game or sci-fi show I haven't seen, or what?
Yes! Now that you mentioned it. They're probably from the Space Station. (Commander Garoo's elitist crew, maybe?)
It clicked when you said 'Intergalactic'. I'm fond of the Royalboy's colors. Very soft, without being too pastel. The Royalgirl is the bipolar opposite, with loud screaming tones of hot pink. Both of them are poorly shaded, and would do well from a little definition alone. They'd look considerably less cookie-cutter. RG's base is so bold, that it almost looks like her 'snout' isn't part of her face. Like a 3 year old left alone with a crayon. Juxtaposed to the RB, it looks like his snout could be detached too, but not so much. This year, Neo has failed miserably to impress us all. I won't even give the fact that it's customization an excuse because of how nice the Royal peophins turned out. Meh.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy