Jelly and Electric Scorchio

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Jelly and Electric Scorchio

Post by Nogitsune »

A bit early again, but jellyneo has them and since it was okay to post them with the Gelerts I'm guessing it's okay to post these.

Image Image

Er. The Jelly looks like Strawberry. It's not very translucent at all. I guess the Electric's okay but the underbelly and muzzle seem a bit dull to me.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Jelly and Electric Scorchio

Post by Seerow »

Whoot, called the Electric one. I actually rather like it. The blues look rather pretty together.
Jelly isn't very exciting, but I have never been fond of Jelly pets so that's not too surprising.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
varii

Post by varii »

Ooh, I oddly like these. I mean, ew, Scorchios, but the colouring on these just strike me as really pretty.

Actually the shading on Jelly's belly (lol, rhyme) is kind of odd. Like it is egg patterned or something.

Too bad about their faces.
rei @ neopets
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Hrm, another milk-jelly Jelly pet.

I'm not sure if I like Electric or not - the colours are bold and the blue flashes large and clear, but it's somehow just... uninspiring.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yay! I actually love Electric colors if they're done well, and this one made me go "ooh, a Scorchio I like?" The pale blue is actually a standard component of Electric pets. The "lightning bolts" are plentiful and colorful without being overwhelming. I like the little split of one going around the head-spike. I approve!

I really like the Jelly one too. The shading is intricate, and I can understand what they're trying to do - notice the body IS thickly transparent with the base connections for the legs, tail, and wings showing up as darker patches "behind"/through the other parts. I think it's also suitably shiny and monochromatic without being outright boring. And I like red "jelly"/Jell-O. Mmm tasty.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Jelly gets points for having such remarkably detailed highlights & shading going on.

Scorchios are so ugly :( poor them.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Something just seems weird about the jelly. Compared to [almost] every other pet, it seems very overshaded. Not that that's a bad thing; it jsut doesn't really fit in. Electric is okay. Then again, they're scorchios. I've never really liked them.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Yeah, I agree with TCStarwind - the Jelly Scorchio is just too well-drawn for a Neopet! It just seems odd compared to other Jelly pets. It's nice enough, but it's still just a Jelly Scorchio.

Electric is Electric.

Poor Scorchios - they're such a dated pet. They just smack of Neopets-circa-2001 to me.
Louboutins

Post by Louboutins »

I actually really like the jelly! It reminds me of a gummy sweet :3

Electric is okay.

Shame the only dragon pets on Neopets are either fat and ugly, or stupidly expensive.
Nia

Post by Nia »

Louboutins wrote: Shame the only dragon pets on Neopets are either fat and ugly, or stupidly expensive.
Hahaha so true. Or demented looking. D:

The jelly has an interesting natural look to it, it's pretty good for a jelly. :)