New Plot: The Faeries' Ruin

Post anything new on Neopets here.
EofS

Re: New Plot: The Faeries' Ruin

Post by EofS »

Wheeeeee.

Although I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, lest they get dashed, but so far this plot has been constructed fairly ideally. Albeit progressing ludicrously slowly.

Right now I like the idea of releasing bd opponents in waves. It's the perfect solution to the "if they're always there, some people will just be 50 bazillion of them" vs "if we release a limited number, it's unfair to people who get on the scene later". And they're releasing in such great numbers and so often that so far I don't think it's a particularly annoying hindrance. If anything it forces you to take frequent breaks.
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

Finally I got through Nox's Locks. Argh.

I approve of the bd opponents... even if I have completely untrained pets, durr. (I hardly play Neo at all anymore, outside of NQ/NQII and IoM; I probably wouldn't even be doing this plot if I weren't so chagrined at having completely missed all of the great ones. But I am, and maybe it'll turn out well.) Anyway, how difficult are these monsters? Are they weak enough to be sockable with no stats and some kindly lent gear?
Last edited by Foghawk on 09 Oct 2010 06:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Yeah, they're very week. They've got 8HP. I've managed to beat them 60 times (and am now calling it a day. 60 is a lot!)

My main BD pet (Nouvelle, HSD 696) is sick, though, and the springs being down means I can't battle with her, so I'm stuck using Sail (HSD 478) which is a bit lame, but Sail can still completely obliterate those opponents, so yeah.

You should be able to beat them without trying as long as you have at least, like, 20hp.Think Chia Clown easy.
duenorth

Post by duenorth »

Are they weak enough to be sockable with no stats and some kindly lent gear?

So far, yup! The one opponent that's up right now starts out with 8 hp. It does mostly earth and fire based attacks, and is easily defended against with the 1-2 combo of Scarab Ring and Leaf Shield. It seems to be a bit weak towards darkness attacks-- the ID Battlepedia should have more information, but it seems to be down just now.
old world underground where are you now?
Madge

Post by Madge »

I just beat the damn thing 150 times, using Sail and my Stone Club and Golden Compass. I could quite easily go 200, but screw that!

Thanks to someone for reminding me that the cure for Nouvelle's disease is not 100k, but in fact 3k, so I can use her in the future battles. That said, Sail's perfect record now looks even more awesome so it was probably for the best :)
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

I defeated about 120 of these things before I realized that the win cap is 50. For the sake of evenness I defeated 30 more. It does get tedious.

Also I didn't get on earlier today because I was busy sewing and shopping and scrabbling trying to get ready for a trip next week, so I didn't get the bubbling healing goo and now I am thinking it might affect my score. Grr.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

How do you know the win cap is 50? (Edit: Ah, I see... it now says "cap reached" on the main plot page. That's nice... I don't like win caps, but I DO like knowing what they are.) Now I want to see the other opponents! I'm wondering if we have to do five tiers of each opponent or something, which would make sense for the "five of a kind" achievement... I hope not, though, because the battling has already slowed down a bit as the weaker battlers hit their limits.

Also, I had no idea this page existed until late last night, haha. I got my healing goo and essence of everlasting apple.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Ugh, I wish I knew the win cap was 50 before I went and beat 97 of the buggers. Nevermind, just as well I didn't beat any more!

My strongest battle pet is Sunburn but his stats are still all over the place from when he was a lab pet. He has some decent weapons (Honey Potion, Kelpbeard's Trident, Ylanas Blaster) but I'm not holding out much hope of beating a lot of the tougher opponents. Good luck everyone!
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Kelpbeards Trident is an awesome weapon for anyone who wants to move into upper-level 1p battling but can't afford (or doesn't want to spend the extra NP on) Sword of Skardsen. It costs around 9mil while the SoS is 11 mil. The trident's average is very close to that of the SoS or PCC (they're 16.3-24 vs 16.25-24 vs. 16.25-24 icons respectively -- see, quite close). Ylanas Blasters (12.65 icons) are great for mid-level battlers but are a bit inflated right now at around 1.3 mil.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

The new enemies are here! Shadow Wraith Brutes. 25 starting hp.
Madge

Post by Madge »

For the curious, their cap is 40 wins. I'm on 43 wins at the moment, wanting to get up to 50 for roung numbers.

Using Nouvelle on this since she's got a higher strength boost and more HP.

Since you need to battle once in each 'wave' I'm keeping some wins on the minions in reserve (I'm up to 160) so I can plump my wins to a nice round 200 and still get all those silly bonus items.

Looks like the Brutes don't start their respawn timer until all the minions are gone, which is annoying.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Ugh, is that why they aren't respawning as much? I don't really want to go too far over the cap on the minions because they're so tedious - I'd need to kill about 300 more of them before they stop being one-hit kills. I'm hoping the third opponent is a bit more difficult so I can actually use my weapons properly.
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

Ugh, the bugginess. But I'll take the intermittent battling lag and glitches over the Fort Nox puzzle any day. I didn't have quite as much trouble with it as I expected, but damn, was it ever tedious.

I like these starting enemies; I've been using all my pets to battle them. Came across some useful weapons that I'd forgotten I'd had (thank you, Patched Magic Hat and Golden Compass!). I hope they stick with these icon types; I still haven't corrected Drilax's stats from the lab ray and consequently his defense stat is nowhere near where it should be. (Yes, HIS. I don't care what gender it says right now ;) )
Madge

Post by Madge »

Aaand they've respawned. Got up to 50 on the brutes now, so I'm calling it a day :P
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Madge wrote:Aaand they've respawned. Got up to 50 on the brutes now, so I'm calling it a day :P
Me too. Although I'll probably kill more, if there are additional stages after the current, just so I can get the prize, whatever it might be.

I didn't know about the cap last night (read here first, moron) so I merrily killed 350 or so of the first stage, before I found out 50 would have been sufficient. x.x I ended up killing 375. just so the number would be tidy and stuffs.

Yay fighting! =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.